Sign in to follow this  
Clear Shine Maintenance

Rust removal with F9 in Huntsville, AL

Question

19 answers to this question

If I did, I would be the fastest and best painter in the south!! That pic was taken 3 min after first application.....

Speaking of application, how did you apply the F9? Truck brush on extension pole? Pump spray bottle?

By the way, great results!

If I did, I would be the fastest and best painter in the south!! That pic was taken 3 min after first application.....

I 'm just messing with you..haha Nice job tho!

I'm going to try some F9 on some wood when I get a chance to.

Speaking of application, how did you apply the F9? Truck brush on extension pole? Pump spray bottle?

By the way, great results!

Here are the application vids.

How to remove battery stains on a driveway

How to remove rust on pavers

How to remove rust stains on concrete from metal

How to remove rust stains on stucco

How to spray from control joint to control joint

How to dissolve the crystals in a BARC bottle

What kind of sprayer should I use

The difference between white and orange battery stains

F9 Applicator Video

Acid wash pool

I stuck an old rusty 15 inch adjustable wrench in a bucket of f9 for twenty minutes and the thing came out working like a champ. looked good to, all the rust was off. USE IT FOR RUSTY TOOLS.

I stuck an old rusty 15 inch adjustable wrench in a bucket of f9 for twenty minutes and the thing came out working like a champ. looked good to, all the rust was off. USE IT FOR RUSTY TOOLS.

Wow.. Thanks for exploring and finding new uses!

I have never used anything that cleaned this easy. It's a buffered acid IIRC. I have tried ox, muratic, etc, but nothing was this simple and such good results

I've been through them all too, which is what inspired me to keep working on F9 through the years. I can't tell you the 1000's of tweaks we've made to make this work for us and our environment. Our clients are very picky here and we've made them all very happy with our cleaning techniques and how clean we can get things.

I'm glad we've come to a point where we can help others get the same results!

I have never used anything that cleaned this easy. It's a buffered acid IIRC. I have tried ox, muratic, etc, but nothing was this simple and such good results

That's what HF is, it takes rust off in about 7 seconds. 8-10 bucks a gallon and a gallon makes 5 gallons cleaning solution

Mathew Johnson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what HF is, it takes rust off in about 7 seconds. 8-10 bucks a gallon and a gallon makes 5 gallons cleaning solution

Mathew Johnson

HF can be dangerous stuff if not handled properly. F9 is not HF, does not contain any EPCRA section 313 chemicals, has no halogenated hydrocarbons, is biodegradable and will not bioaccumulate.

I do agree that HF can make a great rust remover as well as Oxalic but users of these chems need to be aware of the dangers with unbuffered or uninhibited acids. When handling and using these types of chems, always wear an acid-gas respirator, gloves, boots, eye protection and full body protection.

As usual and even when using any acid (or caustic) based chems we would recommend the use of rubber gloves, boots, eye protection and skin protection.

Edited by Craig

I agree it can be dangerous. So can 12 percent bleach when placed in the hands of an idiot.

We wear full protection when using it, eye- face - respiratory - skin. Being careful is the key with any chem application.

Mathew Johnson

We used F9 & I have to say it's pretty impressive. Craig's claim about what it does is very accurate. That being said we also mixed some of our own mixes that I would never recommend a newbie or even a pretty seasoned Vet use. We do this because we can rinse with a pretty high volume of water thats higher then most truck setups.

Oxalic acid we use on all of our wood restoration jobs and we also buy 15% SH by this skid load to mix our own concoctions. We have used Muriatic acid(rare) and at full strength it can etched concrete(done that).

HF to me is to much. It scares the bejeezus out of me because I don't take surprises to well. This stuff eats you inside out where you initially won't know it's doing that(don't like surprises).

My deciding factor on HF to not use it even though I was told it works great was when I met this girl who owned her own Powerwashing business. Met her at an ACR RT. I think if she wanted to she may have been able to kick my azz if we fought fair that is.. Another words she was tough as nails and pretty tall & big.

It was maybe a month or so later she got HF on her skin and she was hospitalized for many days maybe even weeks. We were told see was in bad shape from this...

Lesson here is HF is great for what it can do.. And yes where professionals...but it's so darn dangerous I wouldn't recommend to 99% of the contractors to mess with it in it's pure form.. If you do you can make bank with it but be very very careful.