Sign in to follow this  
RPetry

California and indigenous Redwood in the news.

Question

Received the following email from Forever Redwood out of California. President Obama presents Forever Redwood bench to Chinese Leader Xi Jinping.

This is a terrific company for obtaining old growth redwood. We have ordered custom dimensions from them in the past and the quality has been outstanding. No comment on our President, this is not a political diatribe. But he or more probably his staff have good taste in gifts.

See: http://go.emaildir2.com/l/a/97i/vi/5zo/30i/b16/trouble.htm

11 answers to this question

I hope he brings some good quality stain back to China to maintain the bench to keep it from turning grey! :cool:

Shane,

China now has a ton of cars. Used, dirty motor oil was employed many years ago here in the U.S. to preserve wood. May not look too good, but apparently does a great job in protecting the wood. Take that, Armstrong-Clark and Ready Seal!

Used real oil, non-synthetic, with a bit of pigment and solvent, and sophisticated "green" marketing. Americans will love the recycle angle, sell it for $15.95/gal. at Walmart, and make a veritable fortune!

Shane,

China now has a ton of cars. Used, dirty motor oil was employed many years ago here in the U.S. to preserve wood. May not look too good, but apparently does a great job in protecting the wood. Take that, Armstrong-Clark and Ready Seal!

Used real oil, non-synthetic, with a bit of pigment and solvent, and sophisticated "green" marketing. Americans will love the recycle angle, sell it for $15.95/gal. at Walmart, and make a veritable fortune!

You got a point there Rick or they just gonna put some WOK oil on it every 2 yrs ...:cool:

Shane,

Good point. Chinese restaurants use a ton of oil. Just ask the greasers. Americans supply the pigments and marketing and all is good. Anyone know any entrepreneural mainland or preferably Hong Kong Chinese businessmen?

I smell "Happy Family".

Shane,

Good point. Chinese restaurants use a ton of oil. Just ask the greasers. Americans supply the pigments and marketing and all is good. Anyone know any entrepreneural mainland or preferably Hong Kong Chinese businessmen?

I smell "Happy Family".

As a matter of fact i do my landlord is from China buying up houses to rent like crazy!

I know people who know people Rick......My wife is from Taiwan BTW.... :cool:

Best color and most popular color is Orange Beef ! Next is Green Tea ! Close behind is black tea ! This my most personal favorite color...... All wood soaked in yellow river .....

Re read and talk like Chinese take out and fast!!!!

Edited by James

I was just on Forever Redwoods website and They have some beautiful outdoor furniture. Personally I thought the prices weren't to bad either.

Shane,

I wasn't around in the early 1900's ( despite what some say).

Kerosene and deisel were used to preserve wood fences and the like.

Even tar and "white wash" ( which I believe is just white paint to veneer the wood).

White wash is lime and tar is pine tar. I pine tarred a house two years ago. Had to heat it up !

Jim, If you get your customers to pay their bills when you leave, pine tarring would not be necessary! Jake