Sign in to follow this  
John T

Carlos EBC and Craig F9 and others-Thoughts

Question

I always kept things Transparent so what you see here on the net is the same behind closed doors. Very rarely in my Union days I had to keep something below radar unless it was legal issues.

So here's my thoughts briefly(To much to say here and its a work in progress). I'm in the midst of building something Globally and its extremely time consuming. My company is extremely busy winning/losing bids and servicing my Customer base of 18 yrs. Always keeping myself busy because I never sit around and do just nothing except when on Vaca(I like doing nothing there like all inclusives) here is my question to you two.

Are you guys locked into certain groups or can you call your own shots?

The reason I ask this once again goes back to my Union days. What I did was form numerous alliances. I am a believer if something is good like your products are for example and you guys are for sure, can you branch outwards enough to go your own way or is your mind shut to that?(Money is not offered here to sway your thought patterns because Money can buy most anything but its your thought patterns that matter more).

Think hard about this. Do you believe in multiple alliances if you think there good or are you restricted once you commit to 1 or 2 things?

How about some others come into this and give your opinions. Do you believe in forming alliances with many different groups or is it 1 is always right and the others are mostly wrong? Do you think its possible to work with others in a group setting?

2 answers to this question

It's always good to not put all of your eggs in one basket. For F9, we have many target markets that can use the cleaner. With that said, my primary alliance is with keeping the product for professional application only. Whether this be through our F9 Professional Applicator network, contractors or maintenance department training. This keeps the product in the hands of the most capable companies and who are worth the time investment of training, technical seminars, online videos etc.

Also, since I own a pressure washing business and it is something I thoroughly enjoy, I feel good about giving information and leads to companies who are truly appreciative of the information and receptive to learning new applications and techniques.

That's a well thought out response Craig:) What your saying is you want really what most people want where most of us want to help others who will appreciate it and it comes right back to you the same as in it can work both ways for the better. You want to keep this where your at which is on the professional level. I agree with that a 100%.

I'm targeting something geared toward mostly commercial if not all and it's somewhat specialized(not parking garages). It's also truly professionals and has nothing to do with homeowners. It's not a "Jack of all trades" thing either.

The other thing I was thinking about is what I see and experienced within this Industry with organization mentalities and how that seems to go. Its like there still in somewhat of the "Dark Ages" with the way they go about "Some" but not "All" Of their business. There's dots that aren't connecting and there so bad in some of those area's that it's like there somewhat stuck in the mud.. That is why I was asking you & Carlos what your thoughts are in dealing with them and potentially other ones as well.

I appreciate your candid response & it does hit some nails right on the head as to what I was thinking as well.