Sign in to follow this  
joelnece

Gutter Zap stain on concrete?

Question

I recently used gutter zap on some concrete before I used my surface cleaner and noticed it was bubbling and turning red before going over with my surface cleaner. My first thought was that I had accidentally put muriatic acid in the pump instead but confirmed it was gutter zap. In any case the water pooled after rinsing the surface thoroughly and after it dried I think it left a stain on the concrete that I cannot get off. I say might because I don't remember a stain being there before. Can anyone help out with this? And if did cause that stain, other than a grinding wheel, any ideas for how to remove the stain? Pressure and a wire brush have done very little.

6 answers to this question

I recently used gutter zap on some concrete before I used my surface cleaner and noticed it was bubbling and turning red before going over with my surface cleaner. My first thought was that I had accidentally put muriatic acid in the pump instead but confirmed it was gutter zap. In any case the water pooled after rinsing the surface thoroughly and after it dried I think it left a stain on the concrete that I cannot get off. I say might because I don't remember a stain being there before. Can anyone help out with this? And if did cause that stain, other than a grinding wheel, any ideas for how to remove the stain? Pressure and a wire brush have done very little.

Welcome to The grime scene Joelnece please add your signature to your profile forum rules...

I only work with wood but there are plenty of smart concrete guys here to help you...

I would not expect Gutter Zap to stain concrete unless it was painted or stainedand it was spilled on it being really strong. Or it cleaned it, but if you care to contact me and give me more details, I would be happy to help you more. I can be reached at the below listed contact info.

FYI to all those this has not happened to, but I had the same thing happen to me using Gutter Grenade. It all came out with heavy rinsing. According to Bob at Pressure Tek, Gutter Grenade will occasionally bring out the iron that is in the concrete. Ways to prevent this are to soak the concrete prior to using Gutter Grenade, and rinse, rinse, rinse. I am assuming what does not come out could be treated with Front 9 Barc, but I do not know has I did not have to get to that point.

I do not know about the bubbling part, but I did have Gutter Grenade from Pressure Tek cause red stains on concrete and brick before. According to Bob at Pressure Tek, it is because sometimes it will bring out the iron that is in the concrete. Fortunately I was able to rinse it off and the stain disappeared. He also said the way to prevent it is to soak down the concrete prior to, and then rinse often. If you are unable to get the stains out with rinsing, I would try F9 Barc before you try anything mechanical like a grinding wheel. Good luck.

Our gutter cleaner bucket spilled on Stamped concrete last year and it cost me a $1000 to fix the damages. Sometimes unfortunately things can go wrong when you least expect it.

This happened to one of my customers who's been with us now for around 10yrs and with no questions asked I foot the bill to solve her problem that we no doubt caused.