Sign in to follow this  
John T

Lets see your animals that love you unconditionally:)

Question

I love my wife of course and my two girls. All 3 of them can easily talk back and give it to me.... sometimes I probably deserve it. Luckily none of them ever yell at me. There not yellers...

But these two killers here I take almost everywhere. My two dogs. I leave our pool gate open every day so they can swim. Labs generally love the water. I bring them in my car when I go to get breakfast almost every morning and I take them when I'm out doing estimates. My last set of dogs were two yellow labs. These two chocolates are my last big dogs and I love them to death..

Lets see your animals that just not matter what love you to death:)[ATTACH]20351[/ATTACH]

12 answers to this question

This is Puggles, our Shnoodle (or that's what we think she is...Schnauzer/poodle mix). In 2009, my daughter Abby -- who was 4 -- wanted a dog more than anything in the world. We were on our way to Petco one day just to look at the animals when she asked me when we could get a dog. I told her probably when Michael (my husband) returned from Afghanistan. We entered Petco to immediately hear an elderly man talking with one of the clerks. He had found the dog that was with him about a week ago, and could not find the owner. He didn't want to put her into a shelter, but was about to start dialysis and couldn't keep her. Next thing I knew, I had a dog. The thing was, I had a dog without Mike's blessing, and I had a dog despite the fact that my son, Ethan -- who has autism -- was TERRIFIED of dogs. Mike was livid when I emailed him about what I'd done. Ethan cried and locked himself in the house away from Puggles. So she stayed outside for several months. Mike returned home, met Puggles in person, fell in LOVE with her. (I can't believe how much he adores her considering how he was with our previous dogs). Ethan remained afraid of her...until one magical moment. He wanted to play on the swingset in the backyard but was afraid because Puggles was there. Mike told him to just go on in the yard with the dog, and for some reason, Ethan did. From that moment on, Ethan loved Puggles -- and all dogs. He even goes with us to the dog park and plays with all the dogs now! Puggles sleeps on my feet every night (something I NEVER thought Mike would allow), cuddles on my lap while I work, and so on. She is the sweetest, good-for-nothing but cuddles and companionship dog I've ever met. Not very bright. Not very observant. Not very tough. But she LOVES her family, and we all love our Puggles!

post-7055-137772466798_thumb.jpg

Edited by allisonhester

[ATTACH]20357[/ATTACH] here is a dog that i got lucky with. hes a smart dog.his name is crusher, I named him that because i used to crush ledge, making big rocks into little rocks. I got him when he was 8 weeks old.he is six now. at that time i was working away from home and i did 60% of my work out of my pick up. he was with me for 9 months straight on that job (except to get neutered ). we had a LOT of time together and bonded pretty quick. he usually comes with me everywhere i go except for jobs. he can sit in the truck for hours on end as long as theres heat or a/c.

post-8375-137772466802_thumb.jpg

What heart warming stories.

Hardest jobs I ever had to deal with in law enforcement besides anything to do with injured kids was dealing with injured animals... Especially dogs. They yelp and cry just like people do when their badly injured. I do love animals and even went into a burning house to get this ladies dogs out. Also got one of my yellow labs from a house fire when this lady had all these puppies running around.

Let's see some more animals you guys/gals out there have. They just have a way of making people smile:)

I love her :) She goes with me to work, has a bed in my office, LOVES to ride in the truck, and is daddy's little girl. I call her my party pug or my pig pug lol She stays locked in my truck with the A/C blasting if I have to go in somewhere (like to eat or to a place that doesn't allow dogs) but she goes in with me to lowes, walmart, the bank, half of my commercial accounts that I've dealt with for 15 yrs and I have to go see. She stands on the back of my tool box when I go fuel up.....she even gets her lunch from the drive thru a lot. The dog is spoiled rotten but is my best listener and always loves me unconditionally.

[ATTACH]20365[/ATTACH]

post-3012-137772466924_thumb.jpg

[ATTACH]20368[/ATTACH]

post-3012-137772466905_thumb.jpg

post-3012-137772466915_thumb.jpg

post-3012-137772466934_thumb.jpg

This is one of my dogs. Sweet Mya. She is 7 and the best dog I have owned.

She is a great example for people to see how great a dog an APBT can be.[ATTACH]20369[/ATTACH]

post-6322-137772466943_thumb.jpg

Edited by traer77

Great pet stories. Where out here now powerwashing this village walkways & I read these post wishing my dogs were hanging out with me in my truck. Mans & ladies best friends for sure.

Do we have any cat or reptile lovers here? Lets here about them as well. I'm not one to put a snake around my neck but I sure get a kick out watching how some others just love doing that with their snake pets--Yikes.