Sign in to follow this  
John T

Political post dealing with Guns,Zimmerman/Martin

Question

Below is a picture of the exact Gun I own that I can carry most anywhere. I carry it once on occasion but most of the time I keep it in my safe that has a hand print on it that I use my hand to pop in the number to open this safe. I do have a small arsenal in there.

I'll take a picture of that one of these days.

Face it--- for better or worse this country is built on guns. It truly is. I personally wish there were no guns in this country because I dealt with suicides, accidental kid deaths, Parents killing kids and vise a versa. But where a country that is built on guns and the fact is there are as many guns here as there are people which is roughly 300,000,000 in this country.

So since the 2nd amendment exist I follow my rights to bear arms. I'm also extremely careful that know one can get to my guns.

Now what I'm getting to. The Zimmerman story. I feel terrible for Trayvon Martin who was killed. Absolutely terrible. Who wouldn't if you have kids. He was someones child.

butttttttttttt.....

Now the problem. He gets into a confrontation with the neighborhood watch which was Zimmerman who has the right to bear arms. This kid is apparently pounding Zimmerman pretty good. What happened in here only the jury and the judge and Zimmerman really know.

In my case if I was doing my job the last thing I would use is deadly physical force but if need be.. I would use it.

This case is unfortunate. This country is built on guns may not be the greatest thing in the world but it is what it is.

So like my rights allow I have my family covered... but I also have myself covered because no one in my household can open my safe because of the hand print code I have.

What's your thoughts? Do you allow yourself to use your right which is the 2nd amendment which is your right to bear arms?

Edited by John T
having problem loading picture.

66 answers to this question

So the safe that only accepts your hand print, what happens when the battery dies? If I was to have a pistol, I would look at the Ruger LCP. They say it is small enough to fit the back pocket of a man's jeans. http://www.thesurvivalistblog.net/ruger-lcp-380/

So the safe that only accepts your hand print, what happens when the battery dies? If I was to have a pistol, I would look at the Ruger LCP. They say it is small enough to fit the back pocket of a man's jeans. http://www.thesurvivalistblog.net/ruger-lcp-380/

Well to be more specific it's not exactly that safe. There are no batteries. Picture a metal box. It has a hand indentation on it. Mine has a right hand indentation on it. In the dark for example all I have to do is put my hand on it and push my fingers down in a certain order that only I know and the safe door swings open.

I could keep this under my bed and just reach down and move a couple of fingers and pop out my guns. This safe holds 3 guns and around 200 rounds. It's safe as heck and easy for me to open in a heartbeat.

The 2nd Amendments "Core" is the right of self defense. Not only from intruders or people that would do you personal harm but also from a Government that would take away our rights . It was written 250 years ago that the best way for Government to control the people was to take their guns away. Take away the guns there is no "Self Defense" and the people would be defenseless. Which seems to be the direction of the present administration.

Guns are not the problem in America, our society is the problem. A society that refuses to acknowledge or accept responsibility for their own actions. Where criminals have more rights than law abiding citizens. When a person only has to say the word "Racism" where there is none because they can't accept the reality or the responsibility of a situation. Where the "Media" and our own Government are more dangerous than any weapon produced.....Don't Get me Started!

As for the Trayvon Martin fiasco, who knows? You weren't there, I wasn't there, Martins parents weren't there, the media wasn't there...but a jury of 6 Mothers took three days to find Mr. Zimmerman "Not Guilty" of not only Murder but also the last minute additional charge of Manslaughter.

The really sad part is "What If"...What if Martin would have killed Zimmerman? Would anyone have said it was Racism? Would the story have made the national spotlight? Would anyone be outraged at the death of Zimmerman? That would be...No, No, & No.

Mr. Zimmerman will never be able to find a job, will be in fear of his life forever just because he defended himself....I take it back....That's the really sad part of this.

Edited by Guy B

I agree Guy 100%.

It is a shame that so many people out there will run to call something racism when there is none at all.

I is also a shame that the media, especially Yahoo will post pictures of a guy when he was 13 and innocent looking instead of his current picture in a hoodie and bragging about fighting all the time to manipulate the media the whole time.

It does seem like the current administration is trying to manipulate things in a way that removes guns from the people and we all need to stay on top of this, no matter your background as this is part of the constitution and we all need to protect it because if we lose this part, the rest might slowly go away also.

Again, great post Guy!

[quote=John T;217720

It's safe as heck and easy for me to open in a heartbeat.

If I had any guns, my girlfriend would have a pistol on her side of the bed, and I would have one on my side. Then there would be long guns in the corner. All my guns would be loaded at all times. If I had any guns.

Zimmerman started it. He approached Martin. He was heard on the 911 call, being told to leave Martin alone. Zimmerman was armed. Martin was not.

Beth

(And We're Just Friendly Debating Here!!!)

Zimmerman did approach him, but for what reason, because he was a Neighborhood Watch Dude (And there had been a recent series of break-ins)? And when he did approach him (Martin) why was he (Zimmerman) obviously attacked? Did he approach Martin to ask what he was doing in that community (because of recent break-ins) Martin felt "Disrespected" and kicked his but?

I don't think at the time of getting his butt kick that George Zimmerman cared if Martin was armed or not, I know I wouldn't have.

Edited by Guy B

... This case is unfortunate. This country is built on guns may not be the greatest thing in the world but it is what it is. ...

Certainly not a direct correlation, but consider Switzerland. In WW1 and WW2, the country was able to remain neutral, and out of action. Much may be due to topography and bankers to the warring powers, but compared to the rest of Europe through two continental wars, Switzerland remained an island of serenity in the mist of horrendous carnage and destruction.

Consider the fact that the country is armed to the teeth. See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_Switzerland

Even though fully armed with fire power, the Swiss are able to keep gun related crime and violence to a minimum.

A quote from the above link. "The annual rate of homicide by any means per 100,000 population was 0.70, which is one of the lowest in the world.[16] The annual rate of homicide by guns per 100,000 population was 0.52."

The U.S. does not have a "gun" problem. We have a social problem.

Why is it that we (citizens) are being told to run away from situations? If it had been a policeman that shot Martin would this be any different?

No our Government/Media wants to take the right of self defense away from us, and will use any excuse or tragedy to do so.....and that includes (Sadly) playing the Race Card.

Edited by Guy B

I have to say two things concerning Zimmerman & Martin. First it was not a case on racism. The media tried to make it that and at least so far the courts have not. Zimmerman is also part Hispanic in case anyone is wondering. Zimmerman IMO was in his right to find out what Trayvon was up to. He was the neighborhood watch for the night if I understood that correctly.

Suddenly this thing breaks out into some type of fight. Why that was only Zimmerman really knows and the Jury can only convict him beyond a reasonable doubt and they surely didn't háve that. That is the law.

I don't think for one second Mr. Zimmerman was trying to kill Mr. Martin. He shot him in self defense to "Stop" him. That's what we were taught. If you shoot, you shoot to stop. If you think about it and Zimmerman really wanted to kill him then all he had to do was unload his gun into Trayvons head & he didn't(that's like an execution killing)

The other problem in here is and I truly believe this is what President Obama came out and said. There is no more political figure in this country then the president and his words can influence millions. He made this very political.

What I found most disturbing of what our President said was that after the verdict, a couple of days later he said he could have been Trayvon Martin and could have been killed himself. Really? So the president would've escalated a neighborhood watch personal to the point of an all out fight that could've caused him to be shot?

Common!! That's not a fair point to say unless the president was a bad guy who went out at night looking for trouble back then... Him saying that just causes more unrest.... And believe it or not millions of Americans listen to exactly what the President says when he speaks.. I know I do and that was a disappointed and inappropriate thing to say that can most definitely influence politically what could happen next to Mr. Zimmerman.

Also who ever owns a gun/guns, for yours and your family's safety I hope you keep them locked up by the very least with a trigger lock on it and on up. Most killings by far in this country involves loved ones either killing themselves or each other. The easiest way is for them to find an unlocked gun and shoot themselves or their friend... This happens to kids way to often alone.

Certainly not a direct correlation, but consider Switzerland. In WW1 and WW2, the country was able to remain neutral, and out of action. Much may be due to topography and bankers to the warring powers, but compared to the rest of Europe through two continental wars, Switzerland remained an island of serenity in the mist of horrendous carnage and destruction.

Consider the fact that the country is armed to the teeth. See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_Switzerland

Even though fully armed with fire power, the Swiss are able to keep gun related crime and violence to a minimum.

A quote from the above link. "The annual rate of homicide by any means per 100,000 population was 0.70, which is one of the lowest in the world.[16] The annual rate of homicide by guns per 100,000 population was 0.52."

The U.S. does not have a "gun" problem. We have a social problem.

Thank you Rick!

Beth

I agree Guy 100%.

It is a shame that so many people out there will run to call something racism when there is none at all.

I is also a shame that the media, especially Yahoo will post pictures of a guy when he was 13 and innocent looking instead of his current picture in a hoodie and bragging about fighting all the time to manipulate the media the whole time.

It does seem like the current administration is trying to manipulate things in a way that removes guns from the people and we all need to stay on top of this, no matter your background as this is part of the constitution and we all need to protect it because if we lose this part, the rest might slowly go away also.

Again, great post Guy!

I read on snopes.com that Those " gangster " photos that were shown were of a different Trayvon Martin. Zimmerman should have never approached Martin

I am glad that Zimmerman was out doing his job as there were recent property break-ins.

When you have had your property, tools and other personal items stolen, you are wanting more security, more patrols so this does not happen.

I would like to have a nite watch here where I live and I would not mind someone even being arrogant being a rent-a-cop as long as they are doing their job looking out for people out late at nite that should not be there and possibly going to steal stuff from people.

There are many ways of looking at what happened, look at them using the race card when they did not even have a clue that Zimmerman was half hispanic, that shut up some people but the media kept on trying to fuel the fire. The media was trying to make this into a huge media event so they can sell more commercials and air time and possibly had their own agenda if we really known what was going on.

I heard years ago that Colorado had the lowest crime rate in the country and that was because a lot of people carried guns with them all the time. Kind of makes sense that with so many guns, the people about to commit crimes would probably think that they are likely to get shot and killed by someone with a gun, maybe that is part of the low crime rate they had back then?

It is a tragedy for the family and it hurts when we lose someone we love, I have lost family members from natural causes, old age, medical issues, double-murder, cancer and mechanical issues with vehicles. Sometimes it helps to just try to go on with your life and remember those you lost and how much you love them and how they are in a better place.

I read on snopes.com that Those " gangster " photos that were shown were of a different Trayvon Martin. Zimmerman should have never approached Martin

Here's facts-TM was 17, not 12 like the medias pictures were showing constantly. TM was suspended from school for drugs and that's why he was down their visiting his Dad. TM had THC in his system at time of death. His friend described to Pierce Morgan how they fight where their from and TM wouldn't hesitate to get into a fight if need be. Far from the normal teenager I know....

Here's facts-TM was 17, not 12 like the medias pictures were showing constantly. TM was suspended from school for drugs and that's why he was down their visiting his Dad. TM had THC in his system at time of death. His friend described to Pierce Morgan how they fight where their from and TM wouldn't hesitate to get into a fight if need be. Far from the normal teenager I know....
so those afre the facts hhhmmmmm a teenager gets suspended from school for smoking weed, oh boy lets set up an appointment and get him into Betty ford real quick. As to the fighting " when need be ". exactly what i taught my son. stand up for yourself. what would have happened if Zimmerman never aproached TM? would have TM walked to his dads house and went inside ?

We never will know. We never really know for sure what his motives were. We don't know Zimmermans true intention. I see a bad situation where both parties weren't truly innocent and circumstances escalated quickly and snowballed from there.

Here is my best way I summed it up to some buddies before GZ was even convicted.....

I think you have an over zealous neighborhood watch member and a high thug punk and unfortunately the one with the gun won

so those afre the facts hhhmmmmm a teenager gets suspended from school for smoking weed, oh boy lets set up an appointment and get him into Betty ford real quick. As to the fighting " when need be ". exactly what i taught my son. stand up for yourself. what would have happened if Zimmerman never aproached TM? would have TM walked to his dads house and went inside ?

When I am teaching and instructing self defense classes, my first rule is to run from danger. I highly think telling his friend some "creepy a$$ cracker" was following him then getting into an altercation with him counts as "fighting as need be". A thug confronts....someone scared for their safety runs unless cornered. TM wasn't cornered and could have just ran.

When I am teaching and instructing self defense classes, my first rule is to run from danger. I highly think telling his friend some "creepy a$$ cracker" was following him then getting into an altercation with him counts as "fighting as need be". A thug confronts....someone scared for their safety runs unless cornered. TM wasn't cornered and could have just ran.
but why should he have run? does he not have the right to walk to his fathers house without being questioned? can we agree that no ileagal activity was going on?

We own enough guns to share with every one of you! Remember, my husband builds them for a living. It's been quite a change for me since I grew up in a household with zero guns. But now we have closets full. None are loaded and the ammunition is stored elsewhere. I'm not even sure where, and I prefer it that way... . As for the Zimmerman case, I honestly stopped following it very early on. It's one of those things where I realized I would never know the full story, so to have a strong opinion about who was right and who was wrong didn't make sense to me. A friend posted something on Facebook that I appreciated, although I didn't fully agree with: "None of us have enough context on the George Zimmerman case to waste one electron volt's worth of emotional energy on it. It is time to spend more time/energy on our own lives: developing our own character; exploring the depths of God's Grace and loving those around us deeper each day and trust God with the rest." I don't agree that it's "wasting" emotional energy to "mourn" over the case. A child died. Racial tension is growing. Our nation is dividing. I believe that God, even in His sovereignty over the situation, is still mourning the situation.

Edited by allisonhester

but why should he have run? does he not have the right to walk to his fathers house without being questioned? can we agree that no ileagal activity was going on?

And why shouldn't a concerned citizen have the right to question why someone (not familiar in the area) is on the property after several past reported break ins?

And let's remember that 2 witnesses testified seeing TM on top of GZ beating his tail before hearing a shot, is that the illegal activity you mean?

It was almost a month before GZ was charged because police found no crime had been committed, it was only because of the Media, Politicians, and the "Racial Chicken Littles" that charges were brought at all pressuring the DA to take action. The DA knew there wasn't a case, because he tried to "Slip In" the lesser charge of Manslaughter when the jury was in deliberation.

I agree whole heartily with you Allison, but let me ask you this......Why is there "Racial Tension"? Why is it automatically "Racial" when an American of African Decent is shot or killed by another race, but not considered "Racial" when an American of African Decent shoots or kills another race? Is this not as "Racial"? Happens all the time, where is the Media, is this not as news worthy? Where are the Politicians? Where is the outrage like we see in this case?

If I had any doubt about this case it was erased when the verdict was announced and I watched GZ's face....he didn't blink, exhale in relief,

didn't smile....Why? Because he knew he wasn't guilty of a crime, but a young Man had lost his life.

Remember the verdict in the OJ trial? He laughed, sighed in relief, thanked the jury, hugged his Lawyer.....Where was the "Racial Tension" in that case?

In the immortal words of my good friend Celeste G.........Dang, broke my soap box.

Edited by Guy B

And why shouldn't a concerned citizen have the right to question why someone (not familiar in the area) is on the property after several past reported break ins?

And let's remember that 2 witnesses testified seeing TM on top of GZ beating his tail before hearing a shot, is that the illegal activity you mean?

It was almost a month before GZ was charged because police found no crime had been committed, it was only because of the Media, Politicians, and the "Racial Chicken Littles" that charges were brought at all pressuring the DA to take action. The DA knew there wasn't a case, because he tried to "Slip In" the lesser charge of Manslaughter when the jury was in deliberation.

I agree whole heartily with you Allison, but let me ask you this......Why is there "Racial Tension"? Why is it automatically "Racial" when an American of African Decent is shot or killed by another race, but not considered "Racial" when an American of African Decent shoots or kills another race? Is this not as "Racial"? Happens all the time, where is the Media, is this not as news worthy? Where are the Politicians? Where is the outrage like we see in this case?

If I had any doubt about this case it was erased when the verdict was announced and I watched GZ's face....he didn't blink, exhale in relief,

didn't smile....Why? Because he knew he wasn't guilty of a crime, but a young Man had lost his life.

Remember the verdict in the OJ trial? He laughed, sighed in relief, thanked the jury, hugged his Lawyer.....Where was the "Racial Tension" in that case?

In the immortal words of my good friend Celeste G.........Dang, broke my soap box.

whoa there just because there was some earlier breakins does not give anyone the right to question and or try and detain another person. just because he was the " watch dog " for the community doesnt put him above the law. you cant tell the police that its illegal and then say its ok for non leo to do it.

whoa there just because there was some earlier breakins does not give anyone the right to question and or try and detain another person. just because he was the " watch dog " for the community doesnt put him above the law. you cant tell the police that its illegal and then say its ok for non leo to do it.
I will never know exactly what happened so i cant make assumptions.

Who was detained Steven? The person on the ground getting beaten? If some crimes are being committed in your area you wouldn't question a suspicious person in that same area? Really?

So LEO's are the sole responsible party in the security and self defense of your home, person, & Family? Really?

Citizens don't have the right to question?? Really?

Really Sheeple?