Sign in to follow this  
John T

Who needs a vacation and where are you going this summer?

Question

I need one:) but it looks like this summer maybe the first time in as long as I can remember that we probably aren't doing any vacation. Hurricane Sandy wiped out my kids getting any time off this past winter and this summer has been crazy.

So who needs a vacation and who is going on one this summer and where are you going you lucky dawgs.

20 answers to this question

We have a weekend family reunion planned in August. We also have a cultural event planned for August 10. This is a very American activity. We will start with the American flag being exihibited by cute girls on horseback, during which the Anthem will be played loudly over really bad speakers. Then the announcer will run off about stuff nobody cares about (except where he thanks my company for furnishing the fire extinguishers.) Then the cars come into the arena. They line up and then they run into each other! The Great American Demolition Derby! Noting beats car wreaks! And if we are lucky, some of them catch fire, and I get more free advertising when my FX control the fire.

You did not mention the fall vacation, but are going to participate in another Great American Tradition this year. It involves guns, family, walking in the fall woods, hearing elk bugle, and the coyotes how. We have tags again this year. Three of us put in and we got buck, doe, and elk tags. I will also put in for turkey tags before the season. Getting an animal is not the purpose, but being out in the woods, and being with family is.

I had really hoped to take my kids on a little two-day trip to Branson (or somewhere close) before school starts back on the 19th, but it's just not in the cards for us this year. Mike has been furloughed due to the government sequester, so that's taking away 20% of his paycheck for the next three months. Ticks me off every time I think about it.

Amsterdam= Sept.

When I was in the Navy one of our port stops was supposed to be Amsterdam but then the Marines were blown up in the barracks while asleep in Beirut Lebanon in 1983 that changed everything for us then.

Man oh man did us guys love talking about Amsterdam before this tragedy went down. We were all single and that was the place to go to then. "Window Shopping" was the big talk then and very reasonable as well...and legal:)

Amsterdam= Sept.

Amsterdam. Had a really good friend from there. He and I attended YWAM in Hawaii in "82. Really nice guy. I always wanted to go their to visit him. Just got busy.

We will be going somewhere, just not sure yet. Location depends on wife.

I vote for Europe, specifically...the Azores, Kids want Cancun or Los Cabo. Wife wants ...well, that's the question. When she decides...that were we will go...LOL

You see, in my house of 4, everybody gets one single vote to decide where they would like to go on vacation. However, the Wife get veto privileges along with her single vote counting as 5 votes. LOL.

If the wife an't happy, nobody is happy ! LOL

We have a standing offer to go to Fripp Island again thru family http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fripp_Island,_South_Carolina I am the kind of guy when I offer something to someone such as come over to my house anytime and stay for a couple of days... I really mean it and people have. This is the second time I got this offer to stay at Fripp Island for a week for free which I did about 2 years ago all because the wife ask me to come down with my family when we were drinking some good Vino----Guess what.... we went and I paid for all the meals and extra activities we and them did.

The offer is here again.. Might do it.. They want us to come again because their retired school teacher and Engineer who have no kids and they love to entertain at their very large house there....

What to do what to do.... I just love good people who offer like I would do the same... will see..

I do need some type of vacation to clear my mind:)

Edited by John T

I want to smell your clothes after being in the coffee shops ...:cool:

what vacation when it rains?

LOL. I hear their coffee can be found no where else in the world.

Maybe I will catch one of them on an "open mic" night.

Just got back from a week in Cape Cod. First time in along time during the season. Weather was perfect. To many calls to deal with on the return . Let the good stress return !

Just got back from a week in Cape Cod. First time in along time during the season. Weather was perfect. To many calls to deal with on the return . Let the good stress return !

How's the lobster and what about the price you dawg Jimbo:) I haven't been there in years but it's definitely a great place to get away from it all.... And ummmm eat lobster for a great price..yummmmm