Patrick Rhea

First X-Jet job done...

Question

We had a residential job this past week that we would normally use our Fat Bandit on to clean but it is mounted in another trailer with tanks. We were doing some major concrete cleaning with our pressure washers that are on a different trailer. I had bought on a whim an x-jet for like cheap back up. I had it with us an decided to try it instead of switch out equipment and come back for the gutter/house cleaning. Mixed 2 gals of 12% in a 5 gallon bucket with a healthy squirt of Dawn. Stood back 12 ft and shot the gutters and siding, let it sit all foamy for 10-12 minutes then rinsed off with the x-jet.

I have to say that this saved me a ton of time on this one job and the extra pressure for rinsing off on the second story gutters from the ground were awesome. All of it was done from the ground

post-11608-137772468166_thumb.jpg.

post-11608-13777246811_thumb.jpg

40 answers to this question

That's the reason I love our X-Jets. If you know what your doing you can put a stronger mix up with an X-Jet then let's say a downstreaming nozzle which is why I switch 12-13 yrs ago.

Nice job.

That's the reason I love our X-Jets. If you know what your doing you can put a stronger mix up with an X-Jet then let's say a downstreaming nozzle which is why I switch 12-13 yrs ago.

Nice job.

That is what I have been saying for years.

X-Jets and M-5's are awesome! They seem to have really gained in popularity this year as we can't seem to keep them in stock. One of the best sellers this year. We all know Adrian loves his Xjet...!

That is what I have been saying for years.

I remember you Steve and a few others posting how great the X-jets were. It was probably from reading those post back then which caused me to try the old style x-jet with the screw in tip. Man what a difference it made. I was sold!! Today the M5's totally rock.

X-Jets and M-5's are awesome! They seem to have really gained in popularity this year as we can't seem to keep them in stock. One of the best sellers this year. We all know Adrian loves his Xjet...!

Been saying it for years, just didn't know anyone were reading my post'. ( snicker)

Been saying it for years, just didn't know anyone were reading my post'. ( snicker)

Hahaha. Surprise surprise:)

Edited by John T

Hahaha. Surprise surprise. Equally surprising is when you post something that many like but 1 person may report you because they think your doing some kind of code talk that pisses them off..lol Nothing surprises me when it comes to the net anymore.

ok, you got me John, I have been talking about my xjet all these years, but it was really code about Cindy's rump.

Busted!!!!!!!!

Yeah, was a bit skeptical at first to use it, but figured I should at least see how it works. Needless to say, I will be getting a M5 ordered right away (as back up to my back up of course:mushroom:) I wouldn't want to suggest that it would be my go to just yet...You never know though. I even used the instructions that came with it on chem mix...go figure. I thought for sure it wouldn't work on the gutters at all. I was almost certain I would be either getting on the roof or scrubbing them somehow. Did neither!~!

I don?t see how I could jet an entire roof though with a strong mix?? Any wind or angle I cant get to gets me on the roof and negates the bucket and hose ordeal... Anyone?

ok, you got me John, I have been talking about my xjet all these years, but it was really code about Cindy's rump.

Busted!!!!!!!!

You Dawg Adrian..lol u caught my post just when I was editing it out. I was told not to put on anything negative no matter right, wrong or indifferent kind of thing... That remark wasn't targeted towards anyone but you just never know who reads what kind of thing and what they take out of it.

Also now that you bring it up.. Weren't you the one who Met Cindy Crawford :) http://www.google.com/search?q=cindy+crawford&client=safari&hl=en&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=w0MBUpqYH4aQ9gS-xoDQBg&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAA&biw=1024&bih=690&sei=yEMBUonHCYaS9QSS1YGgCg

She is hot hot hot and all around special. Closest Customer that we do work for that's In Cindy's all around class is Carol Alt who looks even better in person and friendly as heck as if you knew her for years. http://www.google.com/search?q=carol+alt&client=safari&hl=en&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=mEQBUt_BEYz29gSw_4CYBg&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAA&biw=1024&bih=690

Yeah, was a bit skeptical at first to use it, but figured I should at least see how it works. Needless to say, I will be getting a M5 ordered right away (as back up to my back up of course:mushroom:) I wouldn't want to suggest that it would be my go to just yet...You never know though. I even used the instructions that came with it on chem mix...go figure. I thought for sure it wouldn't work on the gutters at all. I was almost certain I would be either getting on the roof or scrubbing them somehow. Did neither!~!

I don?t see how I could jet an entire roof though with a strong mix?? Any wind or angle I cant get to gets me on the roof and negates the bucket and hose ordeal... Anyone?

I have a rental house that I've been remodeling all summer and will put on the market for sale in about two more weeks.

The roof was a complete mess of heavy moss. I'd never cleaned a roof before but decided to use my X-Jet on it and it came out great! Shot it from the ground and from a step ladder. That was in June.

So a neighbor sees it, loves it and asks if we'd clean his roof (big house). There's a roof cleaning outfit around here that advertises endlessly on the radio sports talk shows. They'd quoted him $2,300!! I figured two hours and did it for $480, but it took three. Still made money, but If I had a do over it'd be $640. BTW, his roof looks great!

So now we're doing roofs. Schedule them first thing in the morning when there's little or no breeze. Bought a Little Giant ladder that A-frames to 11 feet (steady as a rock) so that we're always dropping mix onto the roof instead of shooting up at it.

No chem wear on hoses, swivels, QCs, O-rings, guns, pumps, etc. Great results, happy customers, and profitable.

It feels good to come out of the X-Jet closet! LOL!

Edited by Rapid HotClean

Yep that was meeeeeee!!!!!!

Carol Alt, wow that adds some weight to the clientele list.

ok .... back on topic..... Cindy's rump..... I mean, yeah the xjet is great. I love mine!!

post-1033-137772468226_thumb.jpg

I have a rental house that I've been remodeling all summer and will put on the market for sale in about two more weeks.

The roof was a complete mess of heavy moss. I'd never cleaned a roof before but decided to use my X-Jet on it and it came out great! Shot it from the ground and from a step ladder. That was in June.

So a neighbor sees it, loves it and asks if we'd clean his roof (big house). There's a roof cleaning outfit around here that advertises endlessly on the radio sports talk shows. They'd quoted him $2,300!! I figured two hours and did it for $480, but it took three. Still made money, but If I had a do over it'd be $640. BTW, his roof looks great!

So now we're doing roofs. Schedule them first thing in the morning when there's little or no breeze. Bought a Little Giant ladder that A-frames to 11 feet (steady as a rock) so that we're always dropping mix onto the roof instead of shooting up at it.

No chem wear on hoses, swivels, QCs, O-rings, guns, pumps, etc. Great results, happy customers, and profitable.

It feels good to come out of the X-Jet closet! LOL!

Xjet closet. That's funny man.

It will get you through a roof or two. But you can get a dedicated pump with higher concentrations that work faster if your volume picks up.

Just depends how fast you wanna go.

Heck I have used my deckster for roof cleaning. Not recomended but doable.

The X-Jet pulls via venture effect. You'll pull chems at 50% mixed at the tip. If you tried to get mine off the wand it's probably rusted on there and permanently attached... that's not from lack of use. It's from never taking it off!

The X-Jet can shoot a roof mix way hotter than you'd ever dare to use. That's fact.

An untrue fact actually. You can get a higher concentration of SH from a dedicated roof pump. Xjet will always cut down the strength of the SH because of the water that draws it. That's fact..... You will never get full strength of SH from xjet.

I have both a 12v bandit and an X-jet. I am working on building a set up that has both on board. Anyone know how long a draw tube can be used before the XJET cries to long to be effective? (Just curios) I can see where the extra pressure can be more effective than a 12v rinse of chems on certain sidings etc... 

Anyways, I will be utilizing both methods since there seems to be such a wide variety of grime on siding.  I know there are some of you been doing it for years and probably settled on a go to because of the time factors involved for efficiency. I just like to hear why on both from both sides of it...

On a fun note- I made up a cool new to me 12v hand truck chem sprayer, that could be used as a XJET companion, deck sprayer,concrete pre-sprayer etc...  I found the perfect 15gal and 25 gal tanks that can be strapped to the hand truck for easy use... I am sure others on here done something similar at some point along the way.

I have heard of being able to draw from 25 or more on the xjet.

I draw from a 20 ft hose, that is usually coiled up on my 2 wheeler anyway.

Allows me to keep moving fast.

Personally at my age,lugging  a 25 ( 30) gal. drum would wreck what s left of me.

Just too much weight. 15 ( if you really need that much) are more managable.