Patrick Rhea

First X-Jet job done...

Question

We had a residential job this past week that we would normally use our Fat Bandit on to clean but it is mounted in another trailer with tanks. We were doing some major concrete cleaning with our pressure washers that are on a different trailer. I had bought on a whim an x-jet for like cheap back up. I had it with us an decided to try it instead of switch out equipment and come back for the gutter/house cleaning. Mixed 2 gals of 12% in a 5 gallon bucket with a healthy squirt of Dawn. Stood back 12 ft and shot the gutters and siding, let it sit all foamy for 10-12 minutes then rinsed off with the x-jet.

I have to say that this saved me a ton of time on this one job and the extra pressure for rinsing off on the second story gutters from the ground were awesome. All of it was done from the ground

post-11608-137772468166_thumb.jpg.

post-11608-13777246811_thumb.jpg

40 answers to this question

Never thought of getting a longer draw hose but it would def come in handy.. Been using the X-Jet since it came out and other than the fact that I'm too lazy to really rinse/clean it after every job (gets rusty as hell) I have no complaints

Can anybody help me with a problem  i have with my x-jet ?

When i close the tap in the pick up line the jet shoots out quite far but when I open the tap to lift soap etc. The jet only shoots about half as far and the jet is slightly wider. 

It is the x-jet M5 with the adjustable fan jet.

Can anybody help me with a problem  i have with my x-jet ?

When i close the tap in the pick up line the jet shoots out quite far but when I open the tap to lift soap etc. The jet only shoots about half as far and the jet is slightly wider. 

It is the x-jet M5 with the adjustable fan jet.

The X-Jet works off a venturi to draw chem to the injector. This is powered by the psi and to a certain extent gpm of the machine. When you cut on the chem valve it takes away psi in order to draw the chem, so it shoots shorter. When you close the chem valve there is no chem draw so you have no loss in psi or gpm, shooting further.

Hope This Helps.

The X-Jet works off a venturi to draw chem to the injector. This is powered by the psi and to a certain extent gpm of the machine. When you cut on the chem valve it takes away psi in order to draw the chem, so it shoots shorter. When you close the chem valve there is no chem draw so you have no loss in psi or gpm, shooting further.

Hope This Helps.

That's one of the reasons I don't use the proportioners.

Hope This Helps.

So if there is 3500psi going in it cannot  "lose " it till comes out the other side can it ? Does removing the  proportioners stop this?

So if there is 3500psi going in it cannot  "lose " it till comes out the other side can it ? Does removing the  proportioners stop this?

The drop is from the power of pulling the chem. Chem valve "On" power drop, less height it reaches..Chem valve "Off" not pulling chem, full power/flow reaches further.

No not that I know of.

Ok I understand now!  There probably will not be a drop in psi/flow....it's just affecting the spray pattern( and height) due to the "sucking "on the detergent pipe.

Hey there Tiger!  Haven't we met someplace before?  LOL

www.rapidhotclean.com

Nah man, who are you? jk lol

Why are there so many different forums and most seem to be full of the same people?

I stayed on 1 forum for the longest time, then made more for SEO and to find a more active board