Sign in to follow this  
joelnece

Pump just shudders

I just recently bought a new Pressure Pro 5.5 GPM skid machine that I mounted on my trailer and hooked up to a buffer tank. The other day for the first time I used it with a wand to clean a fence and it ran perfectly. Well today I tried running it with a surface cleaner and it will no pressure up and just pulses. Tried the wand and it does the same thing. I noticed there is a small valve on the side of the belt that is leaking some water. Any ideas? So far the only thing I have been able to come up with is a possible spring in a valve, Maybe? When I first started it today the water was switch off for 4-5 seconds and then was turned on when I noticed no water was flowing. Could that length of time damaged the pump? Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is a new machine and a bit more sophisticated than the 4gpm direct drive I was using before.

I will second what Russ said. Same thing happened to me with a new machine recently purchased which I set-up to by-pass back to the tank. Did what Russ suggested and no problem since.

Thanks Russ!

Thanks guys got the plug installed. on a different note I do not yet have the unloader plumbed into my tank yet and wondered how you any about doing that. More specifically I found parts.that I could easily do it but run into the issue of reaching the bottom of the tank inside to install. Am I making this harder than it needs to be?

No need to install in the bottom...install in the top, preferably opposite end of where your pump draws from.

+1 at the top and far away end for me - close to the edge so the bypassing water just 'sheets' down the side of the tank which minimises the air bubbles even further when the level is very low.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 Android

I guess I was looking at this all wrong then. I thought I had to plumb to different lines for the unloader. One into the unloader and one out of it to keep the loop flowing and the pump cool internally.

I guess I was looking at this all wrong then. I thought I had to plumb to different lines for the unloader. One into the unloader and one out of it to keep the loop flowing and the pump cool internally.

It's pretty easy to set up Joel. 1 hose from the bypass side of the unloader to the feed tank & you'll be good to go.

Edited by John T
Spelling

Thanks guys. Ran to home depot and found some stuff to plug the hole from the thermal valve and finish running the unloader to my tank. Works like a charm. Thanks for all the advice.