Sign in to follow this  
John T

Florida rain good for roof cleaning but it causes sinkholes!!

Question

I love Florida. I have family their including my parents who own a winter home there. My goal is to do the same. One of the good things about Florida is the rainfall that can help big time in roof cleaning. But it can cause mayhem. Sinkholes are a scary thing. http://weather.aol.com/2013/08/13/why-is-florida-prone-to-sinkholes/?icid=maing-grid7%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7Cdl11%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D357426

3 answers to this question

Rain rarely causes sinkholes. It can because the acids erode the limestone. However, It is typically caused by the severe overpumping of groundwater. Central florida is more prone to them. So, join the crowd, john, just please don't complain when ground opens up. Or when your dog gets eaten by an alligator, our a hurricane comes through.

Every year the news shows some transplant whos dog got et saying" no one told me about alligators", or "they charge extra for sinkhole coverage?"

Last time I was in Florida a couple of years ago we ate Alligator down by the keys. It was pretty good. It's good to be the dominant species:orange:

They keep pumping lake O you will see more of them. All that fresh water is ruining the gold coast ecosystem too.