Sign in to follow this  
John T

Residential calls starting to come in again!!

Question

Labor day weekend is around the corner. We got lucky that where doing our biggest commercial job to date that pretty much covers miles of walkways in a historic village here. 2 more days and this Month long job at nights is over. Hate the hours but love to be busy.

Just now our phone is ringing again a little more frequent for our Residential side of our business to Powerwash/softwash houses/roofs & woodwork again.

Don't you hate it when you think that your residential end stops calling? Doesn't it feel relieving to Know that come Holiday time they call again? The downside and upside of having a nice size residential base.

For you Residential guys/gals does your phone ring more often now for Labor day weekend work?

8 answers to this question

yupp the phones back on timed perfectly with our schedule too .. seems like theres a lot less competition this time of year during estimates people just want to get it done

Yup same here. That's the beauty of this time of year. Also some companies have crapped out already as the season goes on so competition is less now then what we hit every spring.

yea I hate spring when you do an estimate, they will get back to you in a few days and a few days later "well I really liked what you had to say but so and so said they'll do it for" .. well what are you talking to me for? I think they respect you more when you stick to your guns and its obvious why your the one getting the call back

That's why where still around John but it's never easy. Every year we go thru the same cycles and sometimes we get lucky by having some good size commercial work thrown it at the right time...sometimes.

The flip side is we can get over inundated with work which to me is always a good problem to have but still is never easy to deal with.

yea ive been at it 4 years now as im only 23 but every year I get deja vu seems like the leads have a real pattern .. I should probably be tracking that .. We did our first commercial jobs this year which seemed to fill the gaps when we least expected them. And just finished up 70 roofs in a retirement community and those people are all about word of mouth. Today I did one residents doctor and after that I was off to a different residents nephew's. Seems like its starting to pay off. But perfect timing again ended one big job and now BOOM the phones ringing again who needs a social life when your making money lol