Guy B

Through Floor Exhaust Routing

Wanting to route exhaust through the floor of the box truck (endless) project.....Tips? Suggestions? Solid Tubing? Flex?

Thanks!

engine or burner exhaust?  I am gathering parts to link 3 engines to 1 exhaust system, and run it thru the floor of my open trailer.  Its too easy to get burned with mufflers everywhere.  I will probably use a car muffler at the end of the line.  Im using 1" gas pipe with weld fittings.  They have 45 90 180, long sweeps-endless possibilities for fittings.  Thinking about wrapping all the pipe with header wrap.

engine or burner exhaust?  I am gathering parts to link 3 engines to 1 exhaust system, and run it thru the floor of my open trailer.  Its too easy to get burned with mufflers everywhere.  I will probably use a car muffler at the end of the line.  Im using 1" gas pipe with weld fittings.  They have 45 90 180, long sweeps-endless possibilities for fittings.  Thinking about wrapping all the pipe with header wrap.

Engine. I'm still thinking about this, just looking at options.

I have been thinking of doing the same thing to my box truck this winter.

It will help put the noise down under the truck along with the fumes!!

I am still in the thinking stage as well Guy!!

I did on our Indiana Prowash build.  I used 2" automotive exhaust pipe welded to a flange that 90'd and goes through the floor (a 4" hole with a metal flange bracket).  This was off of a 16 HP Briggs vtwin with the low mount muffler so a 2" flange bolted right up to it though.  On high mounts I would bet flex pipe would be a better option.

It echos being under the truck but it keeps the box pretty clean and exhaust free.

Very possible, could make engine run rough from excess backpressure.  I know Honda has many muffler configurations for their engines, most of which will bolt right up to any Honda twin.  Briggs and Kohler probably make several styles of mufflers as well.

As long as it is big enough to not cause any back pressure I think it would be fine.

A two inch muffler has quite a bit a flow and would be plenty big for a small two cylinder engine I would think.