Sign in to follow this  
allisonhester

Government Shutdown...who's impacted (besides me???)

Question

Mike (my husband) had to pack up his office this morning "until further notice." He is full time military, but is not active duty. It's paid from a different pot of money. So he's without pay until the government gets their act together. Some are joking saying they would like a paid vacation, but trust me, we'd much prefer the certainty of a paycheck -- especially after getting hit pretty hard this summer due to furloughs.

Anyone else directly impacted?

6 answers to this question

It won't last long.

You would hope this to be true but this one there is a huge problem and both side are to blame. One side won't budge(Democrats) & the other side is holding them hostage over it(Republicans). I could see this lasting a few weeks which will cost us in the end billions if not more. One way or another where going to pay.

Found out today that the NAVY unfortunately has put a HOLD on Madison being accepted in due to the GOVT SHUTDOWN going on. The civilians that process the paper work are not working.......a little frustrated about this and so is she.

Found out today that the NAVY unfortunately has put a HOLD on Madison being accepted in due to the GOVT SHUTDOWN going on. The civilians that process the paper work are not working.......a little frustrated about this and so is she.

That sucks-- From one squid to another Madison will be a great asset to the USN in whatever capacity she's looking to go into.

Edited by John T