Sign in to follow this  
John T

Armstrong Clark Stain ranks highest for IPE decks!!

Question

Someone ask a question on a different bb what stain some of us would recommend for IPE. I remember Jake Clark telling me at the Albany event this past year that his stain also does very well on IPE.

So I did a search to support my answer on that bb and low an behold I find out from the searches that Armstrong Clark Stain does indeed hold up well with IPE. This site for example ranks his stain #1 http://www.deckstainhelp.com/tag/ipe-stain-review/

Not only does Armstrong Clark stain look beautiful on Cedar (we did one house this year and a couple of decks with Armstrong Clark Amber stain that looked awesome when completed) it ranks very well on IPE.

Very impressive indeed!

9 answers to this question

John T,  Many thanks for the kind words.  Where else did you find us mentioned?

Shane,  This Spring we sent you at least 5 gallons of our Amber for hardwoods at no charge for you to test.  Any thoughts and feedback?  You are a Bakers distributor so this test is truly fair and balanced.  There is no similarity between this site and www.armclark.com.  Just look.

Diamond Jim,  You too were compted Amber to try.  I am still waiting for your feedback.

This website ranks Bahr Stains at the bottom.  Since half of the wood restoration industry walks away from Behr Stain stripping, should we not applaud their backbone and hiss at Consumer Reports?

Jake

John T,  Many thanks for the kind words.  Where else did you find us mentioned?

Shane,  This Spring we sent you at least 5 gallons of our Amber for hardwoods at no charge for you to test.  Any thoughts and feedback?  You are a Bakers distributor so this test is truly fair and balanced.  There is no similarity between this site and www.armclark.com.  Just look.

Diamond Jim,  You too were compted Amber to try.  I am still waiting for your feedback.

This website ranks Bahr Stains at the bottom.  Since half of the wood restoration industry walks away from Behr Stain stripping, should we not applaud their backbone and hiss at Consumer Reports?

Jake

Jake,

I haven't used the stain yet that I won in the before and after contest yet on any decks yet. I only put it on a teak bench a few months ago and looked real good but not sure if I'm able to give any real feedback yet.

I have a friends deck I'm hoping to use the stain on soon just been real busy with fences and re stain jobs.

Hello Shane,

Thanks for giving our stain a try on the teak.  I hope your friend's deck is IPE or Mahogany.  Amber works extremely well on PT Pine as well.

All the best,

Jake

I HAVE BEEN DOING TESTING FOR YEARS AT THE LOWER NEW ENGLAND INSTITUTE OF PRESSUREVATION OR PRESERVATION.  Ready Seal , Bakers, TWP, ABR have always came out above Armstrong Clark. 

I will give detailed information which i have in the past concerning why with each wood in the coming weeks.