Sign in to follow this  
newlook

Armstrong-Clark Wood Stain Plant Visit

Question

This past Monday I had a chance to carve out some time in our busy schedule to meet up with Jake Clark at their wood stain plant located in Sonora, CA.  Though I do not do any type of wood restoration or staining, I have known Jake for many years and he is also considered a dear friend of our family. I was in central Cali. washing and decided to take a detour and head up to the foothills of the Sierra's to check out the new plant.  Boy am I glad I did.

The processing plant is just awesome. The production line employees all the way up to the folks manning the phones are "top-notch" individuals.  Each one of them explained to me their role in the production process of how Armstrong-Clark's stains are made and the critical steps each one of them does in order to ensure that each batch of stain is blended to perfection.  I just didn't realize all the different "checks and balances" that Jake implemented in the production of his stains to ensure that when a contractor opens up a pail of Armstrong-Clark stain they are getting the "best of the best".  

The plant itself is very clean and from what I could tell everything about the "guts" of the plant is well kept and operational. The computerized mechanism's that ensure the proper amount of liquids to be blended together was fascinating to see and watch compared to observing someone that is "eye balling" ratios for blending.  

Jake, you have a great operation going on in Sonora. The people that work for you complete your stain line and it was truly gratifying to see these individuals actually enjoying what they do. I can only surmise that you created a culture with your employees that empowers them to be part of the overall picture of what Armstrong-Clark is all about.  Very encouraging to see young people actually enjoying their job.  Hat's off to you my friend.

I tried to attached some pics of the plant but for some reasons I keep on getting a Error This upload failed.? 

Thank you Jake for taking the time to show me the plant.  I appreciate it.

3 answers to this question