Sign in to follow this  
Klean Spray

Equipment Inside Enclosed Trailer & Heat

I have a new enclosed trailer which I just finished with the inside configuration and design of equipment. Inside is a cold water 5.5 GPM machine fixed mount and also a 4 GPM portable hot water machine which can be rolled in & out as needed.  The trailer is a 5 x 10 (rear & side door).  The inside is painted with Herculiner Bed Liner.  My goal in the layout was to try to maximize space and after testing everything out I'm wondering if the 5.5 GPM cold water machine is too close to the side wall.  The attached pictures shows approximately 8" away from the side wall and the muffler (heat wrapped) vented through the floor.  Do you think the machine might be a fire hazard to the side wall or might present too much heat build-up so that it might not perform properly?

Thanks for feedback.

post-2864-0-09855800-1388236844_thumb.jppost-2864-0-34911800-1388236815_thumb.jppost-2864-0-95052600-1388236786_thumb.jppost-2864-0-41757400-1388236764_thumb.jppost-2864-0-42727500-1388236747_thumb.jp

You are correct to be concerned. The wall heat issue is an easy fix. Get a bigger piece of the diamond plate to replace the one now bolted to the wall.

When installing the larger diamond plate, space it from the wall 3/4 of an inch or so to prevent heat transfer.

Done.

Then figure out a way to get some cooling and combustion air into that well laid out and assembled trailer. 

the only problem I see is no extinguisher, no tools, not extra parts, no extra hoses, no chem storage, no work lights, no extra fuel. 

Put a roof vent in, accessable from the side door for make up air. 

Thanks for the suggestions.  I really didn't think about the larger diamond plate and spacing it off the wall. 

I did install an extinguisher inside along with chem. tank, portable fuel tank's (gas & diseal ), extra hoses etc.  The roof vent came with the orginal trailer jsut couldn't see in the pic's.

Thnaks agin.