Sign in to follow this  
John T

Can a good bb be as influential as an org to contractors?

Question

At times it does stand to reason that a good bulletin board can be as influential if not more so then an org is IMO. I say this because so many more people can interact on a bb then they can thru an org. on a regular bases.

What's your thoughts on this?

20 answers to this question

When you hear a org you are hearing 2 or 3 people max .

When a BBS is engaged everyone can see or hear what the ideas that are being kicked around are.

When you hear a org you are hearing 2 or 3 people max .

When a BBS is engaged everyone can see or hear what the ideas that are being kicked around are.

What if now you add in an org that has a bb attached to it like some have, do you think a stand alone bb can be more influential than that type of setup?

Yes.

The grease police forum did more for teaching people how to clean better than any org I have ever seen as far as KEC goes and that includes certification orgs as well

It still is there but it is invite only after a few people got burned sharing info and thier competition ended up using it right next door to them.

Can someone please explain to me what the heck you guys are talking about?

As far as what--the title of this thread or the Grease Police?

Is the grease police still active much anymore? They were awesome from what I heard when they first started up.

Yep still kicking.

The subject of the thread. BB vs ORG. I feel like a monkey screwing a football trying to figure out what everyone is talking about.

Ok.......we are talking about a example of a BB that did more than orgs. What is your complaint about that?

The subject of the thread. BB vs ORG. I feel like a monkey screwing a football trying to figure out what everyone is talking about.

LOL.. thats some funny Monkey/Football analogy..lol

Basically it's what the title says. There are some examples of this which is what Alexy is stating about the GP site. I think for years TGS was as if not more influential then the org's were to the "masses".

I have another good thread starter that can resonate from this thread with a similar topic but it would read along these lines: Orgs with their own bulletin boards, what is more influential between the 2. That would be interesting because there are many groups who think a bb is counter productive where other groups think the exact opposite.

In my opinion private or public bbc or org all is benificial info to the one that seeks it. Some are big headed then others but benifit those that seek it. At the same time it's a great place to dump some info as well for the future to succeed.

Marko

Ok.......we are talking about a example of a BB that did more than orgs. What is your complaint about that?

Complaint? Huh?

I'm not complaining. I'm just lost....wait...you're talking about different types of websites? I think I might understand now. The GP site looks like a digital bulletin board.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..I feel like an idiot. I'm going to start talking about the purpose of different types of reactors in the marine aquatics hobby...or tactics and effective loadouts for a Tech Ice DPS Hero in the DCUO MMORPG....just so you too, can get lost in a sea of terms you don't understand. Hahaha

So now what is an org? Like PWNA?...if so, you're trying to figure out which one is better for contractor networking?

...if so, you're trying to figure out which one is better for contractor networking?

Not so much of which one is better but which is more influential to the masses of contractors. As for which one is better an org or a bb that would be more of a personal choice.

...if so, you're trying to figure out which one is better for contractor networking?

That's a good question as well. What I can say is I did my best networking when it came to going to events/Roundtables/Conventions where I met the contractors.

I think the BB forum is much more productive to the member than Orgs as far as commercial work.

I know we have beninifited with over 20K a year since 2007 in work from a member of the grease police who shared national contracts with other members.

Likewise I was able to network a national contract for a cleaner in California for a restaurant chain in California that came based on our work we had done here on the east coast.

The orgs may talk a good game of promises of work down the road but the reality is when you are getting a PM from another member about work it is because they already have the work and need help with t

The org's do get RFP's and companies/people sometimes go thru the org's to look for a contractor for a specific job. That's how I got the trex decks to be serviced after they lost that class action lawsuit. Trex came to the PWNA where I made aprox $15,000 in a week and some other PWNA members made as much as a $100,000 in just a couple of months.

But from my perspective a solid bb like TGS over the years was probably more influential to the masses then an org was on a consistent bases.

Heck look today-- there are some leaders selling on the bb's to saturate cedar shakes with bleach and pretty much do nothing else to the wood so now you see numerous newbies doing just that cause they were influenced to do so from the bb's.(this is what I call a negative mass influence that can happened on a bb's as well)

^^^this. I agree, Rod. It seems like the orgs are always "at war" with each other. It seems kind of dumb to me. I came to this site due to the lack of name calling, bashing and all around "internet tough guy" knowitall crap that exists on a few other forums.