Sign in to follow this  
Josh_Cronin

The Mole and Jersey Show Ep14...We interview Wagga from the UK and beg the question how much is to much.

Question

5 answers to this question

You guy's have no clue about cedar shake wood restoration . Stick to what you know . If you talked to someone who actually does cedar shake wood restoration you will find that photo is a pretty good illustration of the process for cleaning . Then to inspect ,making repairs and for oiling . It is also a better way to clean the roof . Those are some of the type ladders you use, if you have a two ladder system it makes it safe to move the ladders to proceed with cleaning an area at a time , the ladders make it safe to clean because it's very slippery up there ,those guys are tied off also . the guy might be using acid as the cleaner so you use a mask. Some guys use spiked shoes to prevent falling and be tied off and don't use ladders. It's a very messy job and wet and could be cool out . So those suits work very well.

Don't make comments or make fun of a method when your clueless . Cedar shake roof restoration is very specialize and a niche business. To do it correctly you have to get on the roof. I guess it's easy to be an Arm chair quarterback

I can point you to a you tube video of a company damaging cedar shakes who is softwashing with bleach . Coastal softwash cape cod Mass. . Decreasing the life of the shakes but it looks good . Pretty deceptive if you do not know what your taking about ?

Jim- I wish I could see you coming up in that session your doing In AC with Everett.

The next best thing is if the Mole &Jersey show looked to interview you for their show. Your one of the very few wood restoration artist I know of in the Northeastern seaboard. If you lived in Long Island you could be the go to guy in the Hampton's for the caretakers of Paul McCartney, Jennifer Aniston, Brad Pit etc. to keep their Hampton wood sided houses in pristine condition.

You sure know your wood!!

I seen all the Mole & Jersey shows except for the last 2. Hope to watch those this week. There a bit cutting edge which I always liked and there by far the most entertaining "Industry related" show I ever seen.

There also open to discuss most anything that's Industry related which is very cool but like anything else, "You can please some of the people some of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time".

They Rock:)

Good for them I guess. Like I said they lost my attention about a minute into the clip with them "high fiving each other" about things I do not know about. I guess I need to see the previous episodes or missed something. Either way glad they are doing something entertaining in the industry.