Sign in to follow this  
AquaTek2013

My first complete restoration project

Question

post-8375-0-28079700-1392821459_thumb.jp

We completely restored this deck. We set all the exposed nail heads and screws, added screws where needed, stripped what was left of the old failed and inferior sealer, cleaned, brightened and brushed the furrs and lightly sanded the extremely weathered wood, replaced a few bad boards, added a new rail cap all the way around, added structural support to the poorly designed hand rails and finally finished with AC! This made for one happy customer! I learned so much about what to do, what not to do and how to fix mistakes on this project it is unreal! I still have another deck and a few hundred feet of shadow box fence before this entire job is complete so I will have more b4 and after shots when it is all done. Thanks to all of you who have helped me along as I have worked this job!

Edited by AquaTek2013

5 answers to this question

Nice job good looking color! :cool:

Do you leave touch up stain when you finish?

I'm not done yet, Shane but I will leave some if I have any left. I'm going to be cutting it real close because I didn't realize how much stain a shadow box fence would eat up!

Thanks all!

Thanks David!

Guys, this client has already called me back for another project! They also asked me to bring business cards as the neighbors are asking them about my company. Pretty thrilling! You all helped me so much on this project and I really appreciate it!

I'm going to start a new thread about the next project.

I will post some more pictures here when I get back to take some