John T

Who's is insured by the Joe Walters Agency?

Question

14 answers to this question

I would rather use a local Company, nothing against JWA. Our Agent there takes care of us with no problems. Just a personal preference.

We've been with them for a little over a year. Had two other agencies in this area. No service whatsoever. And that was with no claims. Made me think "what if I had a problem?" Joe Walters has been very attentive so far. At least that makes me feel more secure. A guy told me one time "If your customers are bothering you, ignore them. They'll go away!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ANR Cleaning Services LLC

www.anrcleanteam.com

www.anrcleanteam.com

They no longer write KEC companies

Thats the usual Alexy KEC is the night crew and quite litterly in the dark,from our tools to insurance we always have to fabricate to attapt it to our business. We make our own tools and gear and insurance companies put us in janitor sections of there insurance.Our line of work is very much left in the dark. Its amazing such an important and regulated trade is one of the least reconized.

Marko

Thats the usual Alexy KEC is the night crew and quite litterly in the dark,from our tools to insurance we always have to fabricate to attapt it to our business. We make our own tools and gear and insurance companies put us in janitor sections of there insurance.Our line of work is very much left in the dark. Its amazing such an important and regulated trade is one of the least reconized.

Marko

I wonder if you have a fire cleaning a hood God forbid, if your insurance would cover you? Just because ones have liability insurance you have to read the fine writing to see what they cover. This is why I like JW insurance because they clearly spell out what your covered for.

Somebody asked me this past weekend at the event in PA if I just used Joseph D. Walters Agency because they gave the Pressure Washing Resource Association a deep discount.

I have been with JDW for several years- since way before the PWRA ever existed and there was no such thing as an insurance discount.  I went with them because after I had been in business a few years I realized that the insurance I had was like most- just a piece of paper that allowed me to work.

I went with Joe Walters because I wanted actual protection and an insurance company that knew what I needed better than I knew myself.  The additional coverages and their lightning fast service when I needed additional insureds to land a contract were the cherry on top.

My question is why if they are so involved with actually covering cleaners did they dump all of thier KEC clients?

My question is why if they are so involved with actually covering cleaners did they dump all of thier KEC clients?

The underwriters didn't want to insure hood cleaning anymore from what I was told on that just recently when I talked to them on the phone about WC insurance in NY.

The underwriters didn't want to insure hood cleaning anymore from what I was told on that just recently when I talked to them on the phone about WC insurance in NY.

So they want the easy money.... :neglected:

With all the hacks in the field it is no wonder they dumped them.

Too much liability with people who get into the KEC and don't know what they are doing and leaving themselves wide open for a lawsuit.

I don't think it has anything to do with easy money, it is a matter of the caliber of clientel.

Restaurants have a huge liability on their own and to add someone who doesn't clean a system well to it would be a nightmare in the making.

Insurance companies assess these types of accounts with loss potential. They are too great comparatively.

Since we don't do hoods, I can't offer any alternatives.

Rod

Thanks for inviting me into this topic John.  (Would have missed it!!)  I have commented on this subject on a very basic level when asked in the past.  However, what I decided to do was talk with the office directly on this and find out more to share. 

Below is a direct comment from our President at Joseph D. Walters on KEC topic:

"It’s true we once aggressively wrote KEC risks.  And its also true we lost our good carrier to do this.  But we never wrote KEC risks through Liberty Mutual that insures most of our power/pressure wash risks.  Last year we were notified by the carrier that worked with the KEC group that the loss experience from that group of risks has not been profitable and they were not willing to go forward writing new KEC risks on the books.  And they increased their pricing.

It was a hit for Joe Walters agency.  We are however searching for another competitive carrier willing to offer the coverages needed at an affordable price for KEC risks.  We are also looking for new programs for Workers Compensation for all risks too.

But as of now, we don’t have a great solution to the problem.  Sorry.  We are not happy with the current situation and hope to resolve the problem soon".

Regards

Tom Svrcek