Robere

X-Jet and 8.25 household bleach

Question

I've been washing houses for years. My main business is window cleaning. I work by myself. I've used the X-Jet for yrs using 3 gallons of bleach ( or less ), Simple Cherry, 2 gallons of water and no proportioner in the X-Jet. I can't buy the 12% bleach because buying 50 gallons of it would degrade before I used it all. It's simpler for me to just go buy gallons of bleach when I have a housewash job.. I've looked up ratios using the proportioners, but all I find is the mixing ratios with 12% bleach. My question is. What proportioner would be recommended if I were to not delute the bleach, but rather pour a few gallons of bleach in a container, mix Simple Cherry with it and don't add any water?? Any idea. Thanks..

23 answers to this question

The x-jet or m-5 jet without a proportioner is 3:1 (3 parts water to 1 part chemical)

If you are looking to improve the performance of your mix, you need to add more alkalinity.

Simple cherry is a simple detergent.

What you could use is a degreaser that contains sodium hydroxide to increase the spectrum and reactive range of bleach

making it more effective at lower concentrations.

I use 1/3 gallon in a 5 gallon bucket of water along with other chemicals for my mix and it does the job fine.

We brush all of our houses to get the best result, but I never have any problems getting off anything that is

mildew, mold, algae or typical pollutants such as dirt and pollen.

If you need it stronger, you can adjust the formula to contend with difficult spots such as gable vents which tend to have a great deal of mold and carbon.

Rod

The x-jet or m-5 jet without a proportioner is 3:1 (3 parts water to 1 part chemical)

If you are looking to improve the performance of your mix, you need to add more alkalinity.

Simple cherry is a simple detergent.

What you could use is a degreaser that contains sodium hydroxide to increase the spectrum and reactive range of bleach

making it more effective at lower concentrations.

I use 1/3 gallon in a 5 gallon bucket of water along with other chemicals for my mix and it does the job fine.

We brush all of our houses to get the best result, but I never have any problems getting off anything that is

mildew, mold, algae or typical pollutants such as dirt and pollen.

If you need it stronger, you can adjust the formula to contend with difficult spots such as gable vents which tend to have a great deal of mold and carbon.

Rod

I've never had to use a brush on a house. I've cleaned houses for over 12 years with the method I described in my origianl post and it works great. What I'm trying to get away from is having to haul water around in my container along with my bleach and SC. My thought is, if I put just bleach ( household ) and SC in my mix, and use a proportioner, I could get around the house a lot farther before having to refill my container. I have to carry the 5 gallon container around the house with me. I'm not looking to change my method. I'm just looking for advice on which proportioner to use with straight household bleach. I've read that its recommended to use the 16-1 for 12% bleach. Since the bleach I'm using is 8.25% , should I use maybe a 10-1 ?  5-1 ?

I use a 4gpm, 4000 psi cold water unit..Thanks

Y do u not use a chemical injector? Heck of slot better than carrying a bucket around.

No offense, but how does this answer my question? I've stated that I'm not looking to change my method.I'm asking if anyone can help me on which proportioner to use with 8.25 straight bleach...

Put your bucket on a two wheeler, then you don't have to carry it.

Lose the proportioners.

With 8% use more of it in your mix than water.

Coil the loose xjet hose on the two wheeler.

Lose the wand, and just use trigger section.

You will be able to work much faster, with a stronger and more efficient mix.

There will be less fatigue on the body.

Put your bucket on a two wheeler, then you don't have to carry it.

Lose the proportioners.

With 8% use more of it in your mix than water.

Coil the loose xjet hose on the two wheeler.

Lose the wand, and just use trigger section.

You will be able to work much faster, with a stronger and more efficient mix.

There will be less fatigue on the body.

Thanks. I've never used the proportioners. Using a 2 wheeler I'd have to get the X-Jet Pail so it doesnt splash around, which is fine. I've been using a 5 gallon gas container. I just may take your advice on the 2 wheeler. Just one more thing I have to fit in my little truck.  I've found that on a nasty house, 3 gallons bleach to 2 gallons of water works well.

I've never used just the trigger section but I have found that I like a 2 foot wand. I'll try just the trigger part and see how I like that. Thanks.

The difference between wand and trigger setup is night and day.

Use an enclosed container( because it will splash around) and bungee strap that bad boy to the two wheeler.

I literally have "trotted" through housewashes. It cuts down the overall project time if you ask me.

Youll learn to move quick with a two wheeler. ( or your helper, whatever the case)

A two wheeler is essential in my trailer.

8.8 lbs. per gallon can get heavy carrying by hand.

Not to mention that it takes focus away from the task at hand. Washing the resi.

I have even mounted a hose reel on my two wheeler for the xjet hose.

The difference between wand and trigger setup is night and day.

Use an enclosed container( because it will splash around) and bungee strap that bad boy to the two wheeler.

I literally have "trotted" through housewashes. It cuts down the overall project time if you ask me.

Youll learn to move quick with a two wheeler. ( or your helper, whatever the case)

A two wheeler is essential in my trailer.

8.8 lbs. per gallon can get heavy carrying by hand.

Not to mention that it takes focus away from the task at hand. Washing the resi.

I have even mounted a hose reel on my two wheeler for the xjet hose.

Ok, I've taken your advice and rigged me up a 2 wheeler to hold my chemicals and hoses. I'll try it out Monday. If it all works, I'll attempt to post a picture. Thanks.

I've been washing houses for years. My main business is window cleaning. I work by myself. I've used the X-Jet for yrs using 3 gallons of bleach ( or less ), Simple Cherry, 2 gallons of water and no proportioner in the X-Jet. I can't buy the 12% bleach because buying 50 gallons of it would degrade before I used it all. It's simpler for me to just go buy gallons of bleach when I have a housewash job.. I've looked up ratios using the proportioners, but all I find is the mixing ratios with 12% bleach. My question is. What proportioner would be recommended if I were to not delute the bleach, but rather pour a few gallons of bleach in a container, mix Simple Cherry with it and don't add any water?? Any idea. Thanks..

How many GPMs is your pump?

4 gpm...

X-Jet draw ratios vary based on GPM not PSI. The higher the GPM the weaker the solution that you'll be able to spray.

With no proportioner at 4 GPM the mix ratio is 1.6/1.0.

If you used straight 12.5% SH you'd be spraying SH at 4.8%. This is calculated as:

12.5/(1.6 + 1.0) = 4.8%

I assume that you're using 5% household bleach? If so, the SH content in your receipe is 1.2%, which is about right.

Your receipe = 3 gallons 5.0% SH and 2 gallons of water. So:

(3 x 5.0%)/5 Total Gallons in Pail = 3.0% SH

3.0%/(1.6 + 1.0) = 1.2% SH coming out of the gun.

If you used the grey proportioner the SH % out the gun level would decline to 0.9%.

X-Jet draw ratios vary based on GPM not PSI. The higher the GPM the weaker the solution that you'll be able to spray.

With no proportioner at 4 GPM the mix ratio is 1.6/1.0.

If you used straight 12.5% SH you'd be spraying SH at 4.8%. This is calculated as:

12.5/(1.6 + 1.0) = 4.8%

I assume that you're using 5% household bleach? If so, the SH content in your receipe is 1.2%, which is about right.

Your receipe = 3 gallons 5.0% SH and 2 gallons of water. So:

(3 x 5.0%)/5 Total Gallons in Pail = 3.0% SH

3.0%/(1.6 + 1.0) = 1.2% SH coming out of the gun.

If you used the grey proportioner the SH % out the gun level would decline to 0.9%.

Those figurs makes my head hurt . lol .. As the title of my thread states, I'm using 8.25 bleach. It's the ultra bleach....

You say you have been cleaning houses for 12 years, just curious as to why you are using a 4 gpm machine?   

You say you have been cleaning houses for 12 years, just curious as to why you are using a 4 gpm machine?   

Havent been on here in a while.. So because I've been pressure washing for 12 years, I should have advanced by now or what?

My main business is window cleaning. I don't want to haul a big tank of water around with me and its not worth it for me to invest in a bigger truck, trailer, tank, pressure washer etc.I'd say pressure washing is maybe 25% of my business.  I really dont even like pressure washing ( mainly working with bleach ), but it supplements my business quite well. I know I'd get done quicker, especially on concrete ( I do have a surface cleaner ) with a bigger machine, but its just not worth that kind of investment for me.