Sign in to follow this  
John T

Why do we give out so much info on the bb's for contractors?

Question

I know why I do because I enjoy helping contractors and I'm forever indebted to the ones who did the same thing for me when I first started. One of those guys who since passed on was David Olson.

3 answers to this question

Ultimately before the good in anything gets tainted, it's mankinds inert drive that propels us through history to do better and advance ourselves to a more comfortable "survival setting".

Many of us share to help newbs avoid the learning curve and mistakes.

Many of us share different techniques from pro to pro.

Many of us don't care, many of us do.

It's a lot the same on many of the forums out there that I am members of.

Ultra lite aircraft forums....... man those dudes will fly to you and land in your back yard to help out with your build.

On the guitar forums.... there are secrets shared that can make a washed up rocker that would make one come out of retirement.

The product and invention forums are similar but very guarded.

I think it all comes back around full circle for everyone at some point...

You ask the question "Why do we help with info".....

I say why not........ we know who needs help and who doesn't..... but for the folks that stumble on these forums looking for info,

I prefer that none of my info be incorrect...... so I bite my tongue sometimes too, until I'm sure of myself. But hey, after 12 yrs now, I'm in it, with what I know.

When we first were getting set up back in 1998 before our launch in '99 we scoured the net for any information we could find on process,

chemicals and anything that would help us to the job better without going through the mistakes and errors the hard way and having to fix them.

There was no one sharing anything.

Everyone was tight lipped about their chems, their methods all of it.

Wasn't until we found the PWNA and joined that we started to find some people willing to help and that happened at our first convention we went

to in Baltimore MD.

I learned a great deal in the classes and round tables and met some great people.

They helped me and I benefitted.

My attitude is to return the favor in kind to those who are serious about building a solid business and are looking for advice and information.

Beth lead the way with wanting to create a BBS where we could provide that networking and archival platform for others to use for their business.

We chose to give back to the industry. To help it grow and become filled with better educated people in the field they chose to pursue.

Rod

Great post Rod!!

Delco bulletin board was by far the best one on the net in the late 90's. I thought it would never be touched as a place to learn the most about Powerwashing on the net..... Then along came TGS.