Sign in to follow this  
Beth n Rod

AC Mahogany on Ipe - Here you go Jake Clark

Question

12 answers to this question

thats an interesting designed area. nice stuff !

Quoted a off the charts contemporary house with magazine type gardens, landscaping, and decking, The animals were designer !

We do quite a bit of work for this particular builder, although this home owner found us on his own and it was through conversation that we discovered who the builder was. BEST builder in the area. Hands down.

Beth

Hello Beth,  John T is right.  This job is "absolutely stunning".  It is wood restoration pros like you all that makes our humble stains sing.  Beth, this thread has made my week!!!   

Many thanks,   Jake

Those are Better Homes and Gardens pictures for sure.

Curious if you have any pictures of the "during" process.

I would love to see some of your techniques on protecting the surface areas below and around

the deck area.

Do you constantly keep the areas wet? Or tarping or both?

Did you paint the bordered areas as well, or work around exiting color?

We've all done "trainer decks" until we are blue in the face. I don't even take pictures of them anymore.

Auto pilot, blah blah blah!!!!!

But this one is for the record books and should be on the cover of Deck World magazine ( if there was one).

Awesome work.

We do have before and some during shots....or at least before shots. Story about this deck, I quoted it last summer, and it was late enough in the season that I suggested a wash only, since they would not get the best use of all the sealer. So we washed it, and all the patio area beneath, and the patio up in the yard you can't see, and the walk you can't see. This spring we gave it another bath, and this time we sealed it. It had not been sealed in years. They are thrilled.

We only did the ipe. Rod and a helper had to be VERY careful around all of the white. This deck was done by hand. We always plastic and tarp.

Beth