Sign in to follow this  
Douglas Hicks

Stuck TS 2021 pump

June 18, I started my pw.  It  did no start quickly like normal, I did not crank easily.  Finally it started, the belts squelled and started to smoke.  I shut it down, and tried again.  Same thing.  I removed the belt cover and everything looked oK.  I started the pw again and noticed the pulley connected to the engine was  turning, the belt was not and the pump pulley was not turning.  I went to the gun and opened it.  I tried again, this time every thing worked, pulleys and belts operated like they should.  I shut the pw off a couple of times during the job and it started and worked just fine. 

Next nite, same thing,  Smoke, squealing belts, pump did not work.  Released the pressure at the gun and the pw worked as should.\

I think the unloader may be at fault.  But when Delco/Rahsco/PowerWash.net sold me the pw, there was no service information with the pw.  There are switches that we still do not know what their function is, because the manual I got makes no mention of the switch functions.  Maybe Aladin saves money by not furnishing the information. 

Any thoughts what the problem may be? 

I've had similar problem with a diff gp pump. We had issues with the unloader.

What we did was grease up the unloader and it worked after that with no issues.

Sometimes if you have the belt tentioned too much that can cause issues also.

Could the pulley/belt alignment gone out a little bit? This happens to us on one powerwasher where after 300 or so hrs of use the same thing happens to this pump. We burnt up a few belts because of it. Just today again we had to realign the belts a hair and then tightened it back up. So far so good.

I went to the gun and opened it.  I tried again, this time every thing worked, pulleys and belts operated like they should.  I shut the pw off a couple of times during the job and it started and worked just fine. 

Next nite, same thing,  Smoke, squealing belts, pump did not work.  Released the pressure at the gun and the pw worked as should.\

That really tells the story....Unloader is going bad. You took the psi off the pump, then it fires up....unloader.

I would take it a part (If you know what you're doing) and clean it or slap a new one on....either way I wouldn't run it until the situation is resolved.........could be a dangerous situation.

What unloader is on it? A trapped pressure unloader will hold head pressure unless there's an easy start valve either built in to the unloader, or mounted separately on the head of the pump. If the engine pulley is turning but the belts aren't, then the belts are either loose or worn or both.