Sign in to follow this  
Craig

One Tough Question!

Question

I've tried everything I know of. Heat, pressure, paint removers, acetone, scrapers, steel wool and more.

Is there any chemical out there that will soften up STUCCO? ...it's on pavers, concrete, windows, terra cotta etc. I'm doing new construction homes, so HIGH pressure it out of the question!

Thanks.

9 answers to this question

CSLB C-61 Specialty D-63

Construction Cleanup

A construction cleanup contractor cleans up and/or removes from building grounds or structures any debris resultant from any construction project including but not limited to: concrete, dirt, scrap lumber, plaster, drywall, any paint or adhesive products from windows, floors, ceramic tile and bathroom fixtures.

One of these may be handy.

I've tried everything I know of. Heat, pressure, paint removers, acetone, scrapers, steel wool and more.

Is there any chemical out there that will soften up STUCCO? ...it's on pavers, concrete, windows, terra cotta etc. I'm doing new construction homes, so HIGH pressure it out of the question!

Thanks.

I was hoping that someone had answered your question in the thread. I've been searching for the same solution. I was working on the HVAC outside someone's home when I accidentally spilled over some stucco. The only solution that worked for me was to chisel away the stucco and then saturate it with tons of nail polish remover.

--------------------

BMartin9000

fhfurr

Muriatic acid and pressure.

Marko

Wondering why you would post this? Muriatic will etch the concrete, create an aggregate surface due to the amorphous paste created with the HCL reaction and lime/anyhydrous calcium silicate hydrate in the concrete. Pressure washing will ensure a permanent spot. HCL does not react with stucco to soften it, only discolor it. If you put enough HCL on the concrete you might be able to seep enough under a stucco spot to loosen the bond between it and the concrete but the amount of HCL used to do this would make a really big impact on the concrete around it.

Martin- the only thing I've found to work OK is to mist the concrete with water, apply Jasco premium paint/epoxy remover and lightly scratch it out with a #1 steel wool.