Sign in to follow this  
mick m

Whip Lines

You need a swivel in addition to the whip.

The purpose is to give you a replaceable section to take the abuse of bends from extended periods of use.

If the whip goes out, you are not down because you still have the main hose to continue with till you can replace the whip.

Rod

Hi people. Whip lines.....What is the benefit of them? Will it overcome hose twist?

We've never used them, but have always used the Mosmatic 3/8's swivel where the hose connects to the gun. They last a good long time and eliminate "Hose Twist"

Thanks Guy. Do the Mosmatic swivels have a thrust bearing in them? I've used the same type, except their brass, but after a short while they get stiffer & stiffer as time go's by, to the point that if you happen to have a loop in the hose & your dragging the hose along to get yourself set up for the next part of whatever you are doing, with pressure in the line & your thumb is in the wrong place on the gun, the hose wont straighten because of the damn swivel & you nearly end up with a broken thumb!

Thanks Guy. Do the Mosmatic swivels have a thrust bearing in them? I've used the same type, except their brass, but after a short while they get stiffer & stiffer as time go's by, to the point that if you happen to have a loop in the hose & your dragging the hose along to get yourself set up for the next part of whatever you are doing, with pressure in the line & your thumb is in the wrong place on the gun, the hose wont straighten because of the damn swivel & you nearly end up with a broken thumb!

Mick not sure about the "Thrust Bearing" all I know this swivel is best best product out there....bar none. They will last over a year and I think we had one last 2 years.

http://www.pressuretek.com/modgvsw3x3.html

Thanks B & R. The bearing is the key! I spoke to Mosmatic's W A sales rep, who was going to drop in home to have a chat about my needs, but he never turned up! I'll chase him up on Thursday. He did say he'd have to order them in, which doesn't really come as a surprise. Most people think That W A stands for Western Australia. What it really means is "Wait A while''. But if these swivels do what they say, I'll be one happy camper.

Thanks for your input & opinions. Its much appreciated. Cheers.