Sign in to follow this  
James

Fall weather here now!

Question

I have never had to deal with the condensation issues or the 50 degree overnight temps in August . I stopped doing hard woods . It's crazy ! It's like mid to late September weather starting August first . What a Nightmare ( all potty mouth words)A&$&@&$&&@& ,,,..;::/-:;()!!?'nking..... And a big middle finger to the weather !

12 answers to this question

I have never had to deal with the condensation issues or the 50 degree overnight temps in August . I stopped doing hard woods . It's crazy ! It's like mid to late September weather starting August first . What a Nightmare ( all potty mouth words)A&$&@&$&&@& ,,,..;::/-:;()!!?'nking..... And a big middle finger to the weather !

One of the many reasons we shy away from wood restoration jobs. We do have a deck strip/Stain next Tuesday but my patience is so thin dealing with the obstacles that cause interference in this dep't.

It has been a really bad weather year here too, VERY late start, and temps well below avg here too, like they are for you Jim. I really hope we don't have another polar vortex from hell winter.

Beth

Yes, May and April was cold ,very windy and rainy . I just stopped 4 ipe jobs not worth the trouble . Now in August ,I already had jobs not drying more because of the condensation forming in the morning . I ran heaters and fans to increase drying which did help but not worth the extra time and expense .

It takes a certain personality to stay in the wood business. In April I had enough wood work for 5 employes by May I was down to 3 includes me and stayed there . Good thing I do a lot of washing . I have a load of wood work to do and it keeps coming but I have never had an august where you have to wait till 10/ 11:00 to oil . I have a garappa sunroom floor to do and yesterday after 3 days it was still damp( ran heaters to dry).

Enough complaining ......sometimes it's not worth being an expert though ?

Seems almost everyday in Houston this August, it's 90-95 degrees before 10 or 11 am.

The heat has actually slowed and stopped some projects. The flash adhesion is rearing its ugly head and causing  double the amount of stain in some case.

However I really feel for you northern folks getting cold so early. Just doesn't seem right . "facepalm".

Glad to see a few familiar faces. Hang in there everyone.

The weather is beautiful here. It's been mostly in the high 70's to low 80's which is below normal. I've already seemed some leaves turn.

The Farmers almanac is predicting a harsh winter for the northeast which shouldn't mean much you would think but for some odd reason they've been right 80% of the time since their existence. Much better then our weather forecasters are here as far as accuracy goes.