Sign in to follow this  
steven

how would you strip the peak of a house

Question

11 answers to this question

Thanks Adrian,

Have you ever successfully stripped a peak like that from the ground? I also use a ladder but man there has to be a better way. every time I come off a ladder from stripping a peak I look like a swamp thing.

I wouldn't shoot it from the ground due to overspray.

Ladders can be a hassle, but at the end of the day it will have been worth the extra effort.

Get close as possible, dial down the psi, use p.p.e. be done with it.

Looks like a really really nice project.

one of the reasons I ask this question is I read a post by Beth once and in it she said something like  " never get on a ladder with a p/washer ".  I do feel better now. Also Someone told me that An 8 gpm machine is to much for wood, is that so? and if so why?

I have worked off ladders for 30 years. 20 doing pressure cleaning.

I find 8 gallon gets to be to much and fatiguing for wood . Just my opinion . Also, when stripping I fine more water gets in the way sometimes . My guys like the lower volume out put on wood. Delicate wood conditions I like lower out put of water.

On the opposite side when doing maintenance or removing just degraded wood from a distance then the 8 gallon works great.

Just choosing the comfortable tool for the job.

That is a new one Jim.

Never heard of 'fatiguing' the wood. I would be curious to know what you consider that and what the signs of it would be.

Over the years, I have found that it is not the gpm but the psi.

But heck, we could run the gammot on the myriad of conditions one would find on a roof anyway and regardless of what we do, most are already in bad shape.

Rod