Sign in to follow this  
Adrian

Been a heck of a year.

Question

It's been a while folks.

I had to bury my grand daughter. ( really tough gig I swear)

8 surgeries so far on the old bones.

Still plugging away at it though not as gung ho.

Just getting through the day sometimes is a chore in itself.

Glad to see some regulars as well as new names here.

I also see that not much has changed in the pw world.

Same people doing the same ego driven stuff ( peel the onion guys c'mon)

Same bashing same executions of character ( B.S. in my eyes )

We all bleed red...... no exceptions.

Various things are happening around the globe to make one want to hide his head in the sand.

Hard to keep a positive outlook sometimes....whatever.

While ALL my guitars gently weep.

Just hope you all are fighting the good fight and not with each other.

Peace Through Sonic Distortion

9 answers to this question

Adrian, man I just have no words for your loss. Being a Grandfather myself, I mean, I just can't imagine. Prayers and positive vibrations for you and your Family Brother.

Just keep trucking Buddy, that's all us old farts can do....lol.

Oh Adrian,

We are so so so very sorry. The loss of a child is always harder than the loss of an elder. Somehow the impact just seems so unjust.

Here's hoping you all have a better year ahead, and that all the memories help you to heal.

Beth

Thanks Beth, Guy, & Steven.

I'm not a holy man but I believe my daughter and son in law will raise that child in Heaven.

Just a feeling, and if I make it there, I'll babysit until they arrive.

Hey Adrian- so sorry to hear about your loss brother. IF there's anything we can do please let us know. Where all getting a little older and hopefully getting a little wiser. On my end sometimes I wonder why I even give a craapp about this Industry because its so frustrating. Hopefully next year is better for us all and I hope you feel better yourself ;)

James, funny you should mention....

I've been invited to sit in "hang" at Sugar Hill recording Studio" downtown today.

This place is known as the "Abbey Road" of the south. I'm stoked and a little skeered at the same time.

This place has been around since WWII. Pretty sure it is the oldest recording studio existing. It has seen the likes of ZZ Top, Todd Rundgren, Willie Nelson,

Freddy Fender, Beyoncé, Destiny's Child, and all the greats of the 40's, 50's 60's including The little known band called the Rolling Stones.

I'm actually doing good about NOT thinking about the recent events in mine and my family's life.

Odd I know, but I tend to break down when the thought process takes over.

... but after the session, I'm sure I will turn into a salesman again and see If I can get a cleaning job out of them.

Unless I "get lucky" begging for a recording tech. internship, which would really take my mind off current events.

All that said, barring that I don't faint following the footsteps of fame that has been through that studio.

It should be pretty cool !!!!

Sorry to hear Adrian.

Losing ones parent is never easy and there is always so much left undone they leave behind.

I got you on the old bones. this job takes a toll on them.

Sending you my best and hoping you find the time to heal and the energy to go on.

Rod