Sign in to follow this  
yazbird8

New equipment critique

Hello,

How does a 5 GPM 3000 PSI belt driven pressure washing machine sound if I'm using it for concrete?.... Also using to do occasional house washes and low roofs using an x-jet M5. 

Thanks

Steve

PS.. I'm a former, and new member. Mr Petry out of Jersey used to be in my neck of the woods... I was a deck guy like him...

Edited by yazbird8

As Pete M once said, 4 is so so, 5 is good, but 8 is awesome. Though the 5 will work for ya, why not go for the 8 gpm. I don't think there is a crazy dollar amount difference.

I've never run an 8gpm machine but I can only imagine the power. We don't haul water for our jobs. And if we did 8gpm will go thru it pretty fast and I suggest hot water for concrete. Especially if there oil and such on it. Just my two cents

I've just upgraded to 8 gpm. What a difference. Not so much on the s/c at this stage as I haven't increased the nozzle size yet. But on the rinsing side, its like using a fire hose.  All of my work is monthly periodicals. I noticed that I'm shaving off anything from 1/2 to 1.5 hrs, depending on the area I'm doing that particular month. Should've done it years ago. Live & learn as they say.

As for your set up, its the same as mine, except I have heat. Which is essential for concrete. So much more effective.

Good luck.

Thanks fellas,

I went with the 5 GPM because I will be marketing to residential only and the issue of water at the tap made me decide on a lesser GPM machine... Getting an 8 GPM machine would have entailed a whole different rig set-up.. From my past experiences with 4 GPM I figured 5 GPM would suffice... As for hot or cold? I figured cold is fine for mold and dirt, albeit a tad slower... Oil stains were the real concern I had, but from what I understand, your not getting up all the oil anyway.. There will always be a shadow... With the machine I bought, is the 19" Whisper Wash Classic SC "good to go" right out of the gate? Also, could this machine be used with a 24' or 26" SC?...... The cold water machine I bought was a belt drive from Northern Tool.

Edited by yazbird8

The rule of thumb for what gpm rating would be maxed for surface machine size it's 1gpm/4". So in your case 5gpm I wouldn't go larger then a 20"surface machine so your 19" surface machine will be fine.