John T

How cold before you stop residential & commercial washing?

Question

Usually around 40-45 degrees is our cutoff for residential washes. Wood restoration is at least 50 degrees.

Commercial washing we'll go down to just above freezing and in that case we have to know how much later the freezing temps will come so we don't leave a place like a skating rink.

So what's your cold cutoff temps?

19 answers to this question

Usually around 40-45 degrees is our cutoff for residential washes. Wood restoration is at least 50 degrees.

Commercial washing we'll go down to just above freezing and in that case we have to know how much later the freezing temps will come so we don't leave a place like a skating rink.

So what's your cold cutoff temps?

I like it! Anything you do differently marketing wise? I think most customers are under the impression that when it cools down, so does the pressure washing.

I like it! Anything you do differently marketing wise? I think most customers are under the impression that when it cools down, so does the pressure washing.

Yes I think most customers are under the impression that when it cools down so does the Powerwashing. This is primarily in Residential. Commercial on the other hand can go right through the winter as long as it's not freezing out when your doing outside Powerwashing.

As for Maketing we pay someone monthly to work on the SEO on our site so that never changes. We also continuously cold call and send out postcards/brochures etc to potential commercial customers thru out the year.I guess to answer your question we don't change our marketing except maybe try something different every now and then.

Really depends on the project ($) but generally 45-50 degrees......as temps go down.....pricing goes up.......Just saying.

Really depends on the project ($) but generally 45-50 degrees......as temps go down.....pricing goes up.......Just saying.

Interesting note on the pricing. Is that to make up for the lower work load or to make you feel better about freezing your butt off?

Interesting note on the pricing. Is that to make up for the lower work load or to make you feel better about freezing your butt off?

Both......Lol.

I cleaned this water tank yesterday. 35° and snowing. Just takes more dwell time and a little more elbow grease. Anyone who says you can't clean in cold weather...well they just don't want to.

Edited by Ryan556

Almost time to wear long pants!     67 here this morning, going to clean a pool enclosure.

Stop it your killing me..LOL you lucky dawg :)