Sign in to follow this  
John T

PWNA Bulletin Board is open!

The PWNA Bulletin Board is open http://www.pwnaforum.org/forum.php We need moderators and anyone interested in becoming one please contact me thru FB, the PWNA bb or email clncounty@aol.com The only requirement on being a Moderator is you have to be a PWNA member in good standing.

As for the PWNA bulletin board the majority of it is open to all for participation. The goal is for anyone who goes there to not only get something out of it but they also enjoy participating in it as well. So come on in and post away and have fun. Thanks-- John Tornabene Admin PWNA Bulletin Board.

I also want to thank in advance to Beth/Rod for letting me be a part of TGS all these years and I will continue to stay connected here and post as well.

Awesome, another great PW forum!

Its going to be a work in progress but I will give it my best shot along with the PWNA bulletin board staff to make this another area for Powerwashing Contractors and Distributors to interact.

I have to say that I did learn a lot from the best starting with Beth Boreggo and TGS :)

The PWNA Board of Directors never really supported the board so all my efforts that went into creating this bulletin board went up in smoke. I closed the board but did notify the BOD's that if anyone wants to run it I'll give them the passwords and I'll also work with the new admin for a month to help settle him/her in. No one stepped up so the board is probably going to stay closed and then dissolve. To bad because it was doing very well..............

John, no disrespect intended.....but if the board was doing so good why didn't the BOD support it? Seems to me they would want a place for members & leadership to network & share info.....Strange. I know you put a lot of effort & time in it, I'm sorry that it was closed.

On the filpside it could be all the FB PW pages........I've been very disenchanted with that for a while.

It was a constant battle to get the "Powers to be" within the PWNA to support the bulletin board. I just built 3 PWNA distributors their own section within the board and they loved it. The final death sentence here came when I was on a conference call and one of the BOD's made it clear that he doesn't give a Shizz about the board. These guys don't like social networking(there stuck in the dark ages). I also had control of their FB page which I was just about to release a private group section for them...that came to a stop as well.

There's more to this story of course but to leave it at this.. I completed a BOD term yrs ago for them and the 2nd go around this time wasn't what I expected & to fight to get things done in there was costing me way to much time. So I gave up all of my positions within the org which the President(His words) "Regretfully accepted".

I wished them the best of luck and I moved on.

... I completed a BOD term yrs ago for them and the 2nd go around this time wasn't what I expected & to fight to get things done in there was costing me way to much time. So I gave up all of my positions within the org which the President(His words) "Regretfully accepted".

I wished them the best of luck and I moved on.

John,

Good for you.  I recall your trials and tribulations over many years with PW orgs.  Too much time, energy, and passion expended for little return.

Take care of your business, family, and self.  We're getting to that age when it is time to smell the roses a bit and enjoy life.  Be well my friend.

I hate failure especially when something was working. My PWNA days are now a thing of the past. I let my membership expire last month after 15 consecutive yrs. I'm now completely removed from the 2 non profit PW orgs. I did enjoy being involved with them both in the past but today neither fits my business model anymore.

Now I just take care of my business and my family and have moved on with ZERO involvement in fighting for the best interest of other's in the PW field. I did my time. Now its PWRA time's of enjoyment for me and ZERO Political anything just like that association is. Hope to cya guys at their DC event :)

John,

I'll be there.  At the moment, Diamond Jim is also coming down with me.  In fact, he is borrowing that scaffold unit I purchased from you years ago.  It has been very handy in restoring some homes.

MAN!!!!! That was an AWESOME weekend.

Yes it was!! looking forward to next years PWRA event that will be at the same place but they're expecting 100's more to attend this already "Huge" event.

Hey Beth I think this event was bigger then the biggest one on record which was the 2005 Dallas PWNA/IWCA joint convention for Powerwashers and Window cleaners. What do you think?

It was awesome getting to see old friends & online battle mates.....LOL! Great get together, look forward to the next one!!!

I finally met "The one and only" Guy Blackmon. Hard to believe we were at some of the same Powerwashing events in years past but just never met each other. Nice guy! I wish I could post a pic of him, Rob Huffman & I shooting the breeze at the PWRA dc event but my phone doesn't work for this. Great meeting new friends and old friends alike as well.

Guy is the real deal.  Had the pleasure of sitting down with a bunch of friends and getting to know him over drinks.  Very interesting, knowledgeable, astute PW'er and just all around nice, engaging person.

Next year will even be better!