Sign in to follow this  
One Tough Pressure

Electric motor won't stay running

Electric washer: It has a Century motor, CAT pump, & K7 unloader, assembled by Hydro Tek.

It wouldn't stay running unless the trigger was pulled. Replaced a leaking inlet hose between the filter and pump and everything was fine for a week. Now the problem is back, but there are no leaks, anywhere, from the tank to the filter, and on to the pump. The filter is clean, the tank is full, water flows freely to the filter, but the machine will only stay on with the trigger pulled.

I checked the pressure switches on the unloader and they are good. I plan to do a pressure feed and see if that helps, but have not yet.

What else am I looking for?

I could totally be off on my reply, I re-read that it is an electric motor, I have no experience with them. Does it by-pass like a gas machine?

I'm sure a call to Russ Johnson at Southside Equipment would solve your problem.

Good Luck!

Many of Hydro Teks electrics are made to auto stop and start.

Russ, this is just a question because I don't know that much about Electric pressure washers......but if it has an auto stop-start....why does it have an unloader? Safety?

Guy, yes it bypasses the same. In this case, back to the pump.

Russ, it is not an auto start/stop. It does have a timer to shut it down after a minute or so in bypass.

Normal process is to flip the on switch and push the button. It will continue to run in bypass for a minute or so when not in use. If trigger is pulled before it shuts off, timer restarts.

So now, trigger needs to be pulled while pushing start and all is normal, but shuts down as soon as trigger is released.

Russ, this is just a question because I don't know that much about Electric pressure washers......but if it has an auto stop-start....why does it have an unloader? Safety?

Some are time delay shut down with manual reset, like the one we're discussing. Others are instant start/stop as the trigger is pulled.