Sign in to follow this  
Ryan556

watch who you follow on twitter.

Question

I personally do not have a twitter or Facebook account. I believe that our civilization is becoming a "look at me" culture. I am actually a private person and I don't think people need to know what I am doing every five minutes. Also, I believe that you are no better than the company that you keep...which brings me to my point.

I started a twitter account yesterday for my business, because it is an unfortunate necessity for SEO these days. Yesterday I started following @seedirtrun...Beth and Rods account. They haven't posted anything that I disagreed with, but after one day, I stopped following them...because of the updates from people they follow. These people have made posts that were offensive or vulgar.

They aren't the only ones either. Michael Kreisle is a respectable business man in this industry and I got an update from a nudist activist that he follows...makes me wonder about his interests as well.

The message here, is that, in your personal life you are free to do want you want. I'm cool with that. But if your business is connected to questionable people, you become questionable at that point.

I try to make sure that my personal beliefs and interests are completely separate from my business. I have stopped shopping places because of what their ownership say publicly. I know that there are plenty others like me.

Watch what you do online...and watch who you associate with. 

5 answers to this question

Who do I follow that is offensive? I would like to know so I can check that feed and unfollow it if I feel it is necessary.

WE don't post offensive things, but I am not responsible for the content of others tweets.

Beth

Beth, I'm sorry but I blocked or deleted the posts. I don't know how to look it back up. You're right, you didn't post anything offensive, and you are not responsible for what others post. That is not what I was saying.

Maybe it's because I don't really know how to use the application yet, but I know I don't want non business related material, especially people's personal opinions on news headlines and politics and things of that nature, popping up on someone's feed because they follow my business account.

Beth, I'm sorry but I blocked or deleted the posts. I don't know how to look it back up. You're right, you didn't post anything offensive, and you are not responsible for what others post. That is not what I was saying.

Maybe it's because I don't really know how to use the application yet, but I know I don't want non business related material, especially people's personal opinions on news headlines and politics and things of that nature, popping up on someone's feed because they follow my business account.

I just went through my stream  and didn't see any tweets from followers that were offensive, or from those I follow. I have no idea what you are seeing but if you are unfamiliar with the use of twitter, it may have to do with what you are doing and not what someone else is doing.

Beth