Sign in to follow this  
RPetry

Winter woodie blues

Question

6" of overnight snow on the ground. Time for some real music from a gone-by era. Crank it up.

I was fortunate to see David Byrne and the Talking Heads three times in small clubs in the Philadelphia area. Before their first album came out. Each time, once the music started, everyone were on their feet dancing until the show ended. The bands' percussion unit, along with David Byrne's psychotic wildness, was a thing to behold. The energy flow in those clubs at that time was beyond compare. Woodstock did not come close, and I was there.

Another oldie but more than goodie. Never saw the Ramones live, but played their vinyl to death. Got a sweet girl into your rental, throw on their 1st album, and you were set for the night.

Rock out. Increase the volume. Magically, we're in our 20's again. For a bit.

Do not underestimate the power of the number 7.

4 answers to this question

6" of overnight snow on the ground. Time for some real music from a gone-by era. Crank it up.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obAtn6I5rbYIwas fortunate to see David Byrne and the Talking Heads three times in small clubs in the Philadelphia area. Before their first album came out. Each time, once the music started, everyone were on their feet dancing until the show ended. The bands' percussion unit, along with David Byrne's psychotic wildness, was a thing to behold. The energy flow in those clubs at that time was beyond compare. Woodstock did not come close, and I was there.Another oldie but more than goodie. Never saw the Ramones live, but played their vinyl to death. Got a sweet girl into your rental, throw on their 1st album, and you were set for the night.https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-ts=1421914688&v=hPp0-3Vo2uM&x-yt-cl=84503534Rock out. Increase the volume. Magically, we're in our 20's again. For a bit.Do not underestimate the power of the number 7.

Great bands Rick and I was fortunate enough to see both. The Ramones I seen at the old Ritz in NY city where a young Matt Dillon (right after the Movie the Outsiders came out) was in attendance. Huge fan of both.

I also seen the Talking Heads around 1981. Man time flies and I sure did have fun yesteryear :)