Sign in to follow this  
Douglas Hicks

Engine died

Last night, the PW was running fine.  Then Justin hollered down the duct that he had no water.  I went outside to the trailer, the engine had stopped.  There was fuel.  I cranked on the engine and it finally started.  I turned on the burner.  The engine stopped.  The pump was working, the engine started easily, but the toggle switch stopped the engine. Just the toggle switch stops the engine.  The rocker switch does not stop the engine.   We finished the job with the customer's hot water.  Then Justin finished the visible parts of the hood with a spray bottle and S/S pads. 

I am not impressed with the Aladdin PW.

What could be the problem? 

OK, I am back in the office, from working all week out of town. 

The guys checked the oil and it is OK. They looked for loose wires and frayed wires.   Today I will fax Russ the wiring diagram, such as it is. 

I am back in the office today.  ( who told me I would have lots of free time when I went into business myself?  He lied)

The owner's manual has no wiring diagram and there is no service from Powerwash.com since Larry left.  I e-mailed Aaladin and hopefully they will respond.  I had great hopes when Josh went to work for powerwash, but he has been moved from the shop to hoods.  I think Russ must be doing very well with the change in ownership at powerwash.com

Amber from powerwash.com sent me a wiring diagram and parts manual.  Stuff that should have been send with the PW.  Maybe there is still some customer service. 

Is it possible the alternator/Regulator is not putting out enough amperage and voltage to run the burner?  The battery turns the engine over easily. 

Yes. The wiring diagram from powerwash.com was not for my pw.  I called Aaladin and talked to them.  I found out the PW I bought,    was built in 2012.  Aaladin e-mailed me the correct wiring diagram and a parts manual.  They also suggested we replace

a black box the has 4 spade terminals, called a rectifier.    I do not know what that is or does, but it fixed the problem.  I did find there is an Aaladin repair shop in Caldwell, only 125 miles away. 

Everything works, for now.