bradcarey

Spot Stripping?

Question

There isnt much stain left on this old deck, so I am planning on using a precarbonate, and then neutralize. There are some sections, mainly under the overhang of the roof and here and there on a few spindles that do have some old stain. Will the wood be effected if I use something heavier and stronger to more or less spot strip here and there? Will the precarbonate handle removing the stain that is still there? Thanks for the help.

post-8312-0-41989000-1427149472_thumb.jppost-8312-0-56288100-1427149477_thumb.jp

16 answers to this question

Brad,

I'd use a light stripper, ie: maybe 4 oz./gal. on all of the wood.  Test first.  At that dilution, wood species, and needed pressure, no fear of furring.

Your in control of the job site and the out come . Things only get controversial by people having conversations About best practices and by people who don't do wood care . The more you understand each chem and what it can and can't do to wood the smarter you become. I got better at wood by not following the herd .

Funny local thing, the Upper Peninsula of Michigan or” UP” is connected by the 1/2 long Mackinac suspension Bridge “Mighty Mac”. The UP is sort of the continental USA’s the frontier in that it’s remote some says beautiful some just say remote. Nicer in the summer for sure. But those that live in the Upper Peninsula are called Upper’s. They call those of us that live below the bridge Trolls.

Yep extremely off topic trying to do too much this morning. The UP thing was meant as a reply to another post that Rick replied too. If the moderator wants to  scratch these last odd post under this topic , please do.

Brad,

Trolls.  I'll have to ask my friends in Clarkston if they know of that moniker.

Just so you know, I'm expecting compensation from your dangerous post.  A NEC 32" monitor would be acceptable.  See:  http://www.necdisplay.com/p/large--screen-displays/v323

Thank you for the outburst and damage.  It was worth the guffaw.  Mailing address is on the web site.