Sign in to follow this  
Aqua Pro

Buyer Beware!

Question

I have been a customer of Envirospec for many years and up until recently been happy with their prices and customer service. Not long ago I purchased a power washer from them (found herehttp://www.envirospec.com/ecatalog/2015-TNT.htm ) and can honestly say that it is the single WORST investment I have made in my company since I began a decade ago.

DO NOT purchase their 15 HP Lifan power washer. It is poorly designed and engineered.I have had no less than eight major breakdowns with this one machine and I've been using it less than a month. I had two more breakdowns today back to back which shut me down for almost two hours.

The most disappointing aspect of this ordeal is that Envirospec has been absolutely quiet on this. I've left them voice messages and sent two emails. Not one return call or email! They claim there is a three year warranty but I can't even get them to acknowledge my complaint. After the two breakdowns today and the silence on their part I thought it was time to say something public about it.

Check my history, you don't see me complaining in forums or online EVER but this whole situation has left me no choice. A simple return call or email would have been nice but the only contact I have received from them is to solicit my business for more merchandise. Once again let me say that the 15 hp lifan machine that they are selling is the worst quality piece of equipment I have ever purchased hands down. The 3.5 gal direct drive I bought from sams club when I first started ten years ago blew theirs away in terms of quality and reliability. Save your money!

8 answers to this question

The saying..."You Get What You Pay For" comes to mind, China, Honda Knock Offs are just that.....Not Honda's....but its unfortunate that you haven't received a proper response from the Distributor. Might I suggest Pressure Tek, Southside Equipment, or Powerwashstore.com these are the only online Distributors we've done business with (8 years) without complaint.....ever.

I hope you're able to get your problem resolved.

I must disagree with Guy B.  I dealt with Delco/Rahsco/Powerwash.,net for years.  Now that Larry and Robert have retired, There is a definite lack of service.    Now I call on Russ at Southside for my repair/maintance parts.  Monday, the thermostat probe broke.  Wednesday, 2 new thermostats arrived at my door. 

Coupler between pump head and unloader has sheared off thee times, the exhaust manifold has vibrated completely off, the pulley rope broke on the third use, the machine is very hard to start/backfires like a Cannon, came shipped on it's side with a dented tank and broken pressure gauge (which envirospec did replace to their credit).... These are some of the major issues I've had just this month.

I understand the "get what you pay for" remark and generally agree but I can honestly say that I've had way better results with my first "cheap" Sam's club machine in 5 years than I have had with this one in one month. Envirospec should be embarrassed to put their name on something this bad.

They had earned my trust as a good company with fair prices and good customer service. That's gone after this experience and it's due more to the lack of concern than a poorly built machine.

I've bought products from front 9, the powerwashstore, Delco, sunbrite supply, ACR products, north american pressure wash outlet and a few other online retailers and have had outstanding customer service.

Envirospec also served me well until this fiasco. I had no Intention's of posting a bad review after the first incident or the second or third or fourth etc but their complete lack of concern to address my problem prompted me to take it to the "next level"

Hopefully I can save someone else a few bucks by steering them clear of substandard equipment being sold by a supposedly reputable company.

Doug, Powerwashstore.com is owned by Paul Kassander. Russ, Paul & Bob are trusted Distributors and good Friends......We only buy from them because of their proven track record of solid Customer Service & Satisfaction........I don't think I've ever read or heard a negative comment about their Businesses. They also do more to support PW Contractors than any other PW'ing Distributors I know of.

I've met Larry several times over the years, just a really great Gentleman and super knowledgeable....  

Paul (power wash store) ran envirospec north....I've never had a problem with them or now as the powerwashstore. In fact I just bought a gen III roof cleaning rig from them last week.

My complaint/issue is with envirospec in GA

I bought from all the above except from Russ but I hear he is a great guy to buy from.

As for Envirospec I buy a ton from them because of pricing. I get my military discount along with my bonus bucks on every order(we order monthly from them in season).

It's rare I need to contact Envirospec(I order everything online) and I do have to say that there customer service is not exceptional and they should improve on that but I've been with them for so long (almost 20 yrs) and I maintain all of my equipment it's rare I need to talk to them,

As for that Lifan engine I did purchase that from them with the electric starter. I put together my own small gear driven Powerwasher that we use this for applying chemicals with an x-jet mainly for some accounts we have. This machine is bolted on my flatbed. So far no problems with the engine but like Guy said above "you get what you paid for" and this engine was cheap. So for now I keep my fingers crossed and hope it last the year.

GL with your machine. Mine has broken down again since I started this thread. Three of the four welds holding the heat shield to the exhaust manifold have broken. I have NO heat shield in place now and three gapping holes puffing smoke in addition to the actual exhaust port.

Honestly it's almost laughable at this point.

PS... STILL complete silence on the part of Envirospec. They are totally ignoring this. Three year warranty my butt... This thing has had nine or ten things break on it in just over a month and a half

Call the warranty number on the card that came with the engine. When you do that see if they honor the warranty or if Envirospec does. Take the persons names you speak to at the engine warranty center so if you have to leave another message with Envirspec you can also leave the name of the people you spoke to. One of them must cover the warranty.

Good luck.