Sign in to follow this  
onaprwl

Tax Topics / Collecting taxes on wash jobs

First, I'm not sure if it was this site or not but it's worth a try, Quite a few years back in a topic about collecting taxes, someone was asking about what should they do. I sent some people in that topic a copy I had from the government of a revised 1986 law about collecting taxes showing we were exempt as it was all labor. A new account I have just acquired is requesting a copy and as you can guess, I lost my copy as I have not needed it in over 10 years. If anyone reading this should be one of the people I sent a copy to, I would appreciate a copy back. You can reach me on here or at  onaprwl@yahoo.com   thanks for any help.

Where you are and the type of service you perform  will dictate what you need to do. The very best advice I can give you, is to consult with your accountant. He or she should be able to tell you if you need to collect tax or not based upon your services. Also your state's website should have some of that information, and it will be more accurate than what you will find here.

Beth

Not trying to sound like a smart ass at all but I guess you didn't read my post. I have been in business 38 years, I know what to do, I had a paper from the government telling what to do, I LOST IT and would like another copy if anyone on here had a copy I sent them in the past. Tried calling the government and the morons working there now just say, We'll get back with you. That will never happen.

I misread it as well.. I would think you should be able to find some info for this on the net somewhere because if it's on the net it must be true..lol