Sign in to follow this  
Dfloyd0106

Extension poles for gutter scrubbing

Question

I have been washing houses for 8 years now and we do over 600 houses a year. We use Mr long arm 24ft extension poles and a scrub brush to clean gutters. The pole connections break after a while so we go thru several a year. Was just wondering what everyone else uses as a extension pole.

10 answers to this question

I only use the Long Arms for really tall houses.

The rest of the time we use Sherlock poles 8-16'.

The locking mechanism is more durable and actually uses a metal pin.

The parts are available to replace anything when it breaks so you don't have to buy a whole new pole

unlike the long arm poles that require complete replacement once any part of it breaks.

Rod

I use an 18 foot pole for normal size houses. For really tall houses I have an Unger pole that I purchased from an window cleaning web site. It is 30 feet and it is pretty sturdy never had any problems with breakage

It's not that the pole is breaking. Just the screw tightener connections wear out

Might be able too drill a small hole through both poles and pin it,kinda like the pole Rod uses,,Im sure it will get you by for a few more washes,,just drill a few holes so you can pin it at different levels :)

I really like  the 30' unger pole from www.jracenstein.com/store I think about $107.00 it's saved us on more than one occasion  this past summer on those hard to reach spots.Seems to be holding up pretty good so far!It's a little heavy but hey if you got a spot up high ?? Well worth it even though we probably use our 16' poles from lowes the most. lol

On 9/5/2015 at 10:02 AM, Dfloyd0106 said:

I have been washing houses for 8 years now and we do over 600 houses a year. We use Mr long arm 24ft extension poles and a scrub brush to clean gutters. The pole connections break after a while so we go thru several a year. Was just wondering what everyone else uses as a extension pole.

I use this Telescopic spray wand in reaching my roof , gutters and higher exterior windows. It comes with a harness belt that comes with gives you more control and eases the strain and weight of the pole. The pole itself is flexible and durable as well.