577-Jersey

Soft washing painted asbestos siding......

Question

My Sister got her house painted a few years ago,its got alot of bird droppings,some mildew on north side,and your basic dirty dust from the farmers.

The painter did a great job,I believe he used a decent quality exterior paint from behr and two coats of it.

My question is can I use a light SH solution DSI with a soft wash or is there a chemical that will be safer on the paint than SH?

This job will be good practice for me and a learning experience as I plan on getting more PW jobs in the future.

Thanks guys and much appreciated!

Tommy :)

Edited by 577-Jersey

6 answers to this question

I was at Lowes tonight and saw one of their high dollar cleaners it was $12 for 1 gallon,,main chemical was SH and it said it was safe on painted wood so I guess I will try the bleach on one small spot and see how it turns out,,man seems like SH is the king of the hills in this industry,dont leave home without it...lol :)

BTW-They also sell an outdoor Clorox at Lowes,they claim its better for siding,fences,decks,gutter,ect....could not find the SH content anywhere on the jug,,wonder if it was more than 8.10% or whatever store bought is,,I bet its not....it was $7 a gallon lmbo!

Edited by 577-Jersey

Its painted with two coats of paint plus water from a soft wash would stop any residual dust that may be left.Im going to soft wash it with a light SH and lemonator mix.

Thank you.

We are exposed to hazards 24/7 look into chem trails,the US military is spraying you and your family with aluminum oxide everyday.

Regards

Tom

As long as you are not disturbing the asbestos beneath the paint, you can wash it.
A detergent and bleach combination will work well but be sure to rinse abundantly afterwards.
Wipe the siding with your hand (gloved) to see if it still feels slippery (indicates bleach and detergent still present).
One you can wipe the siding and the water feels more like tacky, you can be assured it is free of chemicals.

Rod

Thanks a million Rod!

Really appreciate the tips!!

I asked my wife if she would get me the PW Guide book for Christmas and she said YES :)

Cant wait!

Tom