Sign in to follow this  
Beth n Rod

Who are your favorite sport teams???

Question

Okay - who are your favorite teams for Football, Hockey, Basketball, and Baseball? (and any other sports you might like.

I'll start. For football I love my Redskins and for hockey I love my Washington Capitals!

Have not followed basketball in years, but was a Washington Bullets fan way back when that was their name. I guess they are Wizards now?

I have never been a baseball person but I would pick the Orioles - Maryland team.

Beth

24 answers to this question

Dallas Cowboys Fan......since I was a Kid.

Not much for Hockey, so I'd say the Carolina Hurricanes.

Absolutely can't stand Pro basketball.

Not much for Baseball (even though my Grandad was a Pro Pitcher).......but I do like the Red Sox

Guy who was your grandad & what team did he play for?

I am pretty much a fan for most sports which is why I loved "Wide World of Sports" hosted by Jim McKay when I was a kid.

But for America's 4 main sports my favorite teams are:

Hockey-NY Rangers

Football-NY Jets

Basketball-NY Knicks

Baseball-NY Mets. (Hoping for another world series championship)!!!

Pittsburgh Steelers for football,NY Mets Baseball,Philly Flyers Hockey,and Tony Stewart Nascar.

Cant stand hoops...and cant stand the Patriots even worse,,i will let the Dallas fans slide this year...lol

Edited by 577-Jersey

Phila. Phillies when very young.  Grandfather and father took me to some games down to the old Connie Mack stadium.  Saw Sandy Kofacx pitch a no hitter.  In the early '80's was at the Spectrum for every home playoff an finals game of the '76 Sixers.  Moses Malone was so dominating, Kareem was just beat up.

Been a fan of the Eagles mostly, with a long time interest in the Raiders of the NFL.  Suffering for many moons.

Edited by RPetry

I will let the Dallas fans slide this year...lol

Thanks.....We Need It!!!......Go Panthers!!!!.....LOL!!!

Very impressive Guy! Boston was a terrible national league team yet he made the allstar team with Stan the Man Musial and others. Today he would make at least 10 Million coming off a season like that. Very cool.

Red Sox , patriots , now a royal's fan -beat the mets beat the mets after that beat the jets, celtics , and the whalers . We have great college hockey here . Yale , quinnipiac u, and now uconn has hockey and are pretty good . I love college basketball . I go to a few uconn games every year had season tickets for a few years .

Royal's in 4 !

U of Denver was on the downside of dominance in college hockey when I attended.  The coach, Murray Armstrong, was an icon, must have been inducted to some Hall of Fame decades ago.  Had a soph. class with our starting golie.  Canandian, not very astute to studies but a very nice guy.  Face was very scarred and he was missing a few teeth.  Went on to start for the Minn. North Stars for many years.

toronto

jays dun well this year

dinos well we c

leafs- and yes I am a sucker for punishment

but hey, why pay for a winning team when the building is sold out every night.

Pole

Leafs fans?

best fans in hockey?

dumbest fans in hockey?

My favorite sports team is my son's basketball team, Borgia Knights. He is a great basketball ball player and hopefully will get a scolarhip playing ball. My favorite college team is Mizzou and pro teams Rams, Cardinals and Blues. Go Royals.

At least for now, the WASHINGTON CAPITALS are on top of our division....NOT the NY Rangers.... DO you hear that John T? See you next week.

Beth

The Capitals are an excellent "Regular season" team but come playoff time they put a new meaning to the word CHOKE! Its like they make their own noose's. Lol Edited by John T

John - that goal last year - SHOULD have been called in our favor. Now they have the review.....one of the PRIMARY reasons they have the review, one of the pivotal calls - was the call against us in the game we WOULD HAVE WON against the Rangers. YOU guys got lucky that night and advanced.

Right now, WE are on top. Might be and up and down thing, but I feel pretty good about our playoff odds right now.

LET'S GO CAPS!

Beth

That goal was questionable at best that could've gone either way....but once again Wash found a way to lose.

Until they win a cup their history will stay intact which is they,re just a terrible playoff team and no one cares how well a team does during the Regular season. Heck the Rangers one the President cup for best record but who cares. Lord Stanley or bust..& Wash is known for..,bust.

John,

I'm no professional sports guy, and don't know the NHL better than the sole of my wife's left foot. It is just one game in a long season.

Being a Phila. Eagles fan, born and raised, kind of let the seasons play out. It is fun, you watch games and hope for the best. But it is professional sports, with a ton of teams. And a lot of injuries, highlights,

of injuries, mishaps, and poor decisions.

AFAIK, nothing matters until your sport/team reaches the playoffs. Then it gets to be fun.

Yes very true. I'm not a fan of the NY Yankees but their organization does it best out of any American professional sport team. Management always runs that team with the idea of winning the Word Series and they'll do whatever it takes to succeed such as bying players etc. Anything short of winning it all to them is considered a failure!! This is why they have 27 championships & a team like the Capitals in Hockey have NONE!!

If the playoffs were now the Caps could be champs. Come the real playoffs the Caps are notoriously their own worst enemies. They put a new meaning in "Choke" lol