Sign in to follow this  
577-Jersey

Picked up used PW from CL last week......

Hey guys,,

I was browsing CL last week and found what looked to be a nice PW for sale,,its a MI-T-M belt with Honda GX390 and an AR

RKA-4G40H pump.I went to look at it cause it was so close and decided to buy it.

The guy was asking $850 and I got it for $720....the oil was new in pump and engine that was a good sign I guess.

I had to change the quick connectors as they where corroded.It came with wand and 50ft hose,I changed the connectors on the hose also.

The thermal relief valve was pissing out water even while the machine was cold,,so I replaced that for $10 from ACR and now its perfect.

The unloader works very smooth,and I took the chem injector apart and cleaned it out really good,it was sucking plenty of soap afterwards....seems like I can run this machine throttled down for down streaming as it was shooting soap and rinse really high without running the Honda WOT.

I will post a few pics of the unit when I get a chance,maybe you guys could tell me if I got a good deal or not.

It looks used but looks like it sat more than it was used,,the belts are new also and the paint on the engine is not sun faded at all.

Going to wash a small house tomorrow for a friend,want to see how it works,I was spraying up over my chimney with a soap tip the other day,the house is two story with attic so Id say it was 35ft easy.

I hope this unit will be a great way for me too start adding pressure washing to my list regularly.

I was using a 2.8 GPM Cat,7hp Saburu thats a great machine for small jobs,always good to have a back up too!!

Thanks for stopping by!!

Tom :)

Edited by 577-Jersey

A person can drive themselves crazy worrying if they got a good deal. Some will say it is a good deal and some will say it is a bad deal, All that matters is that you are happy with it. And if that's the case then it doesn't matter what anyone says.

Here are some quick pics guys,,kinda blurry but you can get the idea.

I added the new chem line,ball valve,and PVC pipe for bucket stay.

I spilled a little bit of oil on top of the pump when changing it,thats not a leak.

I like to use my own oils so I changed them even though they where clean.

DSCF2198_zpsc0n1mng5.jpgDSCF2197_zpsmmsdrmp6.jpgDSCF2199_zpss9dipd6b.jpgDSCF2200_zpsyx7bhesx.jpgDSCF2201_zpsdz3hmxqq.jpg

Edited by 577-Jersey

Tom from the pictures you posted I would certainly say you got a very good deal that looks almost brand new unit and MI-T-M are pretty reliable machines. A brand new unit such as that would cost you with tax close to $2000.

Thats what I was thinking,

I could tell by the wand and the hose also,they had some light wear but nothing major.There was quite a bit of corrosion from sitting,I put my PSI gauge on and saw 4000 PSI with full power and great flow so I think I got a good deal!

Thanks Mike!!

... The thermal relief valve was pissing out water even while the machine was cold,,so I replaced that for $10 from ACR and now its perfect.

ACR is a great find for new or old salts in the PW business. We're fortunate to have Tom, Barbara, and crew local to keep us in business. Been dependent on ACR for now 14 yrs. for nearly all of our chemicals, stains, equipment, and repairs.

Yeah I love them there at ACR,,Matt takes awesome care of me every time I go in there,,cuts me a break on stuff.

I used the PW today for a couple hours soft washing a small 1200 sq ft two story house,,it worked great!!

I also used Awesome on the gutters,,they turned out good for it being pretty chilly this morning.

The whole job took me about 2 hours and I had to wash two of the sides twice because the siding had nasty red dirt on it.

I also brightened up the walk ways quick with my surface cleaner.

My wash mix was 3 gal.SH 8.25%,4oz.Elemonator,small squirt of Dawn,and 1 cup of awesome,no water,down streamed.There was good suds but this mix rinsed very easily.

The machine kicked butt compared to my 2.8 gpm..lol

Thank you guys so much for all this info on the site,,its really a pleasure reading all this stuff,,and priceless.

Tom :)

Edited by 577-Jersey

Mike,

Yes we are fortunate.  Actually ACR ships stain and some chems to me throughout the season, but I am close and the charges are not bad and if ordered by 2 PM,  at the shop by end of business the next day.  The best thing is, I can run up in an hour or so to get equipment fixed, needed parts, or have help designing and fabricating a specialized piece of equipment.  ACR has kept me in business for 14 years.

Look around, there must be a good PW shop in your area.

I envy you all you that live so close to ACR and not having to pay those outrageous shipping cost, but I understand that the beauty of doing business.

Im only 5 miles from ACR...never even knew they existed until I decided to start researching PW.

Im glad I found them here :)

Edited by 577-Jersey