Do you plow snow?

Do you plow snow?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Do you plow snow?

• Yes
    • No
    • No, but am thinking about getting into it
    • We don't get snow in our area

We don't snow plow, we would like to get into it for sure (we are expecting up to 12-16 inches before its all said and done Sunday) but there a couple reasons we aren't going in that direction yet...1- the snow plowing business is sooooo cut throat up here, its unbelievable....2- we dont really have the $4,500 to toss at a blade right now...3- the regular "fulltime" job is pretty erratic as far as the hours go, so a large (or small) commercial contract would be a problem, couldn't just walk off the job when it started snowing to go plow....now if we could control when it snows and doesn't we'd be in business !!!!!!

To funny Robert, but I'm afraid to laugh as my wife is close by!

We dont plow snow here but alot of people do. You can even make a good hunk of cash taking a snow blower and shovel out to do driveways and sidewalks. A friend of mine bought a snow blower this year and had it paid off after the first snow fall. Man I should have done that!

Let it snow... :lgcold:

Yes I plow snow or at least I have a Plow. Down here in Southern Maryland a guy with a Snow Plow could get really hungry if that was all he had to do in the Winter. I wouldn't recommend it as a winter side to pressure washing. We got 1.5" yesterday, not enough to even look at much less plow.

Its been a slow year up here for plowing. We got out earlier in the year for an 2" event and then a couple of weaks ago for an 8" event. That 8" was one of the worst days in a long time.

2am, I got the bobcat behind the F250, about 6" on the roads so it takes me about 1hr to get to the first site. Just as I pull into the houseing development ( 60 driveways and 12 townhouse fingers ) the tranny goes on the truck.

I leave my help with the truck and go at it with the skid with 30 mph winds, blowing snow, 15' visibility. 1/2 hour into it I get sick, pop a few motion sickness pills, good to go. 2 hours later the plow breaks on our F350. ( took 1 hour to fix ) 15 hrs later, development done, 12 jiffy lubes done, 4 town house assocations done, local airline maint. hanger done and the ethanol plant done. Some times it make you think " is the money really worth it " OOOOOOOOOOOOO YA. It would be nice to have a few more storm's before the winter is over. Now that the bugs are worked out.

Its kind of a cool place. It used to be a brewery up untill a few years ago ( pigseye, schmitt, landmark and a few others ) now part of it is the plant and part of it is a warehouse for Ford. I think it was built in the 20s. You can bring a jug and fill it up, but only with spring water.

What The Heck Is Snow ?

Around here it is white powder that comes in little plastic bags or vials.

I never heard of anyone 'plowing' it, but then I'm not up on all the new slang.

Snow?What is this snow you all speak of???I vaguely remember seeing some white stuff fall from the sky when I was a small boy visiting Nana who lived in Maine.Could this be the snow you refer to?

Around here it is white powder that comes in little plastic bags or vials.

I never heard of anyone 'plowing' it, but then I'm not up on all the new slang.

thats what i was thinking thanks for clearing that up

I want to go even farther south, in case this 'global warming' stuff doesn't work out.

Just trying to decide between Costa Rica and Florida.

:lgsideway

Unfortunately Last Year I Bought A New Trucks And A New Plow. Plowed One Ten Inch Snow Paid For Half Te Plow And I Has Sit Ever Since!!!

I want to go even farther south, in case this 'global warming' stuff doesn't work out.

Just trying to decide between Costa Rica and Florida.

:lgsideway

COSTA RICA BY FAR!!!!!!!!