577-Jersey

Winterizing,RV AF,Auto AF,or,Over priced Pump Spray?

Just wondering what you guys use,and what works best....

I was thinking to try auto antifreeze because it has the best lubricating,and anti corrosion action out of all of them.

My unit stays in a shop with no kids or animals that could get into the stuff.

I did pick up a cheap RV antifreeze but I saw alcohol as an ingredient in there,,might not be so good for rubber o-rings and such?

Thanks for any opinions,,I plan on using my PW after it gets cold so am looking for the best way to leave it over night and have it ready for the morning :)

Tom :)

Edited by 577-Jersey

I use auto anti-freeze concentrate. Not the 50/50 mix. (why pay for the water and get half the product, right?!?!?)

Never had any problems with the pump seals.
I drain and blow out all my lines and supply hoses so they have nothing in them over the winter.

Rod

Thats what I figured Rod,,why spend $10 on a small 10oz. can of who knows what when you can get the real deal,,heck one gallon of auto anti-freeze will last me a long time.

Thanks for the reply!

Tom

Tom,

There is an old saying, "Penny wise, dollar foolish". When it comes to maintaining expensive equipment, why cut corners?

Your maintenance manuals will specify the correct fluids and service. If used equipment, most owners manuals are available on line today. I'd stick with the manufacturers specs.

Tom,

There is an old saying, "Penny wise, dollar foolish". When it comes to maintaining expensive equipment, why cut corners?

Your maintenance manuals will specify the correct fluids and service. If used equipment, most owners manuals are available on line today. I'd stick with the manufacturers specs.

My manual says to use an RV type anti-freeze,,I wont do that because rubber and alcohol don't mix well,,on the other hand the auto anti-freeze mixes perfect with plastic,rubber,and all kinds of metals.I will stick with what Rod says and my gut on this one unless I can find RV without alcohol.

The manufacturer also has super expensive rebuild/repair service kits that they need to sell,just saying.

Edited by 577-Jersey