Sign in to follow this  
jeffrey.vandenbo

Newbie question

Question

I come from hard surface cleaning. Mostly tile and natural stone cleaning, I'm looking to start a pressure washing and natural stone restoration company. What chemicals are you guys using for the concrete and what do you think you should be charging. For tile cleaning we did $1 a sqft, I'm guessing concrete is a lot lower can you advise for the Houston area?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 answers to this question

Jeff welcome to the grime scene. Every area is different as far as fees for cleaning concrete in Missouri we charge 12 cents to 15 cents a square foot. I believe the approach would be to find out what other companies are charging for cleaning concrete in your area. As far as cleaning every one is different and uses products that they like or work good for them. Personally I use EBC cleaner works for me not the most inexpensive but this is what I like the product. There are a lot company and suppliers out there that you choose from. Good luck to you.

From your background, you should already have a good idea as far as chems....it's acids, caustics, or bleach.....the job determines what is to be used. I know what "we" should be charging, the question is what should "you" be charging.....I have no answer to that....only you know. It could be as low as $.05 per sq. ft. or as high as $1.00 per sq. ft......depends on the situation & job....many factors play into pricing......Good luck!

I will expound on what Guy was saying.
There is a sliding scale that many contractor use towards pricing and it is representative of the time, labor and materials it takes to complete a job.
Higher price/sqft for smaller jobs and a reductively lower price/sqft as the job gets bigger.

ie; 1.00/sqft - up to 200 sqsft.

.75/sqft - up to 500sqft.

.50/sqft - up to 1000sqft.....etc.

Find out what it takes to do jobs of various types and look into your costs.

How much fuel does your machine consume in an hour? Factor that into the price.

What is your travel distance and factor costs for ass time in the vehicle for each person and

a service area radius to base your rates on. Compute for larger distances as an additional charge upon

the regular area.

What are your overhead costs you have to meet each month?

Divide that total by the number of days you work to come up with a minimum per day you need to meet those

expenses and learn to factor that into your hourly costs overall.

Many companies here have stated that they have certain minimums they will need to make before accepting any job.

That is another thing to consider but beware, it is also market driven and demographically sensitive. You can price yourself

out of business if your area of business can't support your costs if they are too high.

Let me know if you have any questions...

Rod