Sign in to follow this  
h2o spray

Help with stain

Question

Have a client that has a very high-end home , around all of the windows the moldings are stained, it looks as if someone already tried to use a chemical and caused streaking. Anyone have any experience with this? If so what chemical recommendations do you have? Thanks

IMG_1961.JPG

10 answers to this question

Looks as if it is incomplete clean.
Try bleach first. See if it finishes the job.
If not, then an acid may have been used to clean the brick and created damage.
A masonry cleaner will help finish the cleaning in that case.

Rod

Is the window trim vinyl or wood ? To me that looks like someone clean the brick with the cleaner and it ran onto the window trim but no one clean the window trim after they clean the house that's what I am thinking. Depending on what the window trim is made out of wood or vinyl that depends on what you would use to clean it with.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

That looks like precast concrete. It is a very high end finish. It looks like somebody tried to clean the brick and the run off streaked the pre cast. I would use SH mixed with a good surfactant like green wash or dragon juice. Apply with a pump sprayer and agitate with a brush.
Whenever there are heavy streaks you want a gentile clean. Repeat the process as many times as it takes.
If that doesn't work try a concrete brighter. But only after you scrub scrub scrub.
Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The window has vinyl trim and yes this is a very high end home 1 mil. plus! This is why I can not leave any room for error. I was thinking SH plus surfactant, one thing I did not mention is there is copper trim close by and for-sure did not want the SH hitting it.Thanks for the support. I also contact Prosoco field support and they have recommended a few of their products (Reklaim and Vana Trol) So I will have a few options for the job. Thanks again!

4 hours ago, wendyheath said:

Hi there, I think this is not cleaned properly. You should scrub it with the help of sand paper.

That's the most ridiculous thing I have seen in a long time. Not good advice.

Beth

Before tackleling this project find out exactly what type of substrate you dealing with.   After that I would attemp to clean a small area to see how your cleaner works. Always start with least aggressive cleaner then work your way up from there. In addition make sure that your clients expectations are met. Show him or her a sample and see if they agree with results   Best of luck to you. 

I have used Prosoco products they seem to work well. A piece of advise I can give make sure you protect the copper when you do the cleaning. And in some instances some jobs are not worth the risk. So there is no shame in walking away  from a job rather than creating more damages having to use your insurance to cover cost