Question

Hey guys I used your site to learn the proper pressure washing mix a for a roof washing that I did. Very informative site and I really appreciate all the talk that goes on here. I did the roof washing over the weekend but my main issue was my own safety gear. I used a 3 to 1 ratio with water and pool shock with 1 ounce of gain. I let it sit 10-15 and then rinsed off with a regular hose nozzle. (curious if you all use some kind of low pressure washing wand or something... But i digress). Worked well but took me 10 hrs to do 20 sq of 12/12.I am very comfortable on the Roof. My question : what safety gear do you guys use for your health? I had on safety glasses and a household cleaner dust mask and a rain jacket. However it was very hot and I feel like the bleach got into my pores because I could smell it on my skin a day or two later after showering. Do you guys go straight haz mat suit? I want to be protected but still be able to move about comfortably

0429170800.jpg

0429171506.jpg

0429171756.jpg

1 answer to this question

I tried not to get on the roof if I do not have  to usually you can wash roofs from a ladder much safer and if I climb on the roof I wear my cougar paws boots,  would not walk on the roof without them also a fall restraint system is a must