Sign in to follow this  
Mike

Dye Transfer on Vinyl Floor

I had a welcome mat in one of my entry way rooms that gets alot of sun. The rubber matter on the bottem of the welcome mat bled out red all over my vinyl (linoleum) floor and I cant seem to get it off. Any suggestions? I know from cleaning carpet, that a dye transfer is really hard to remove without re-dying the carpet but I was hoping a hard surface would be easier. I've tried many household cleaners, Mr Clean magic eraser and a few of my own cleaners but no luck. Thanks for any suggestions.

Your propably screwed on this one. The color has probably soaked into the vinyl and will be permanent, similar to the what happens to your plastic fishing worms when you put two diffrent colors into the same compartment.

Your propably screwed on this one. The color has probably soaked into the vinyl and will be permanent.

Unfortunately I think your right. Funny thing is I put a bigger rug down, and now the red stuff spread (the new rug does not have the red rubber backing like the old rug so its not new, its the old stuff) ..anyways now its spread out in a bigger square, kinda fun that it will do that but I cant seem to get it cleaned up.

Have you tried leaving that spot bare for a few days to allow it to dry thoroughly? The spreading of the stain makes me think that it is a moisture issue. (Vinyl flooring will discolor when saturated.)